Monday, May 10, 2010

Hanging out at the Legends

The morning before the reception I got to do something so great, it was second only to the party.  I got to meet a blog friend!!!  Heather and I have been chatting over email, reading and commenting on each other's blogs and we've grown closer over the past few months.  She's just good people!  When we made plans for the reception, I made sure to make some time so we could meet.  Friday morning we met at The Lengends for our girl date!
Against the picturesque backdrop of Panera

I was totally nervous - it kind of felt like a blind date!  We had great conversations over email, but I didn't know if it would translate to real life.  Would she think I was friend material once she met me?  Would my nerves get the best of me?  What if I don't look like my picture and she changed her mind?

I'm happy to say that if any of those things were the case, she had way too much class to mention any of it.  She was wonderful, personable, and it was so easy to talk with her.  As it is with blogging, you often know far more about a person than your regular friends because you're privy to their thoughts through their blogs, so I really felt like I knew her and hopefully she felt the same about me.  In the short time we got to spend together, we chatted more in depth about the things we wrote, shared some things we don't write about (some things are better left unwritten),  and I'm sure I talked her ear off - I'm so bad about that!  Sorry Heather!

When our time together was over, I was genuinely sad.  She's so awesome and I'm already making sure I make some time for us when we come to KC again.  

After we spent the day with Drew and had lunch, we went back to the Lengends so Drew's parents could see it. 
My mom insisted on taking the picture - never argue with a 5-foot-tall Mexican.
I've learned the hard way.

I never knew why they called it the Legends, but apparently there are these medallions set into the sidewalk with all the legends from Kansas.  Maurice Green has a medallion there and Eisenhower has a full statue!  If I'd been on my blogging game, I would have taken a picture of the medallions but instead I took these.
Playing outside the dinosaur cafe.
Why the face?
Yes, he did that.  In the middle of a restaurant.  
With people looking.  And I took his picture.
Because that's my husband.  
The giant fish-tank in the middle of the restaurant was pretty cool.
I was trying to get a picture of Drew and this one.
He came right up to the glass and was practically doing tricks for us.

We walked around a bit more and my mom and Drew's mom went to look at more shops while we waited for them.  I have discovered that as I get older, I like to shop less and less.  I have less tolerance for crowds, my tastes have gotten pickier more refined, and I have less wardrobe requirements now that I'm home the majority of the time.  Shopping just doesn't do it for me anymore.  Plus, I was wearing four-inch heels which are not conducive to walking around.
Solving all the world's problems.
Not sure what he's grabbing

By the time we left, we were all tired and beginning to feel the effects of the Kansas pollen.  Thankfully it didn't fully hit until after the party, but the sniffling had begun.  We fell into bed that night with strict instructions to get some rest to prepare for our big day tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. Great Pics! Your hubs seems like a goof ball - I love it!

    That is awesome you got to meet one of your bloggy friends, it is always nice to meet someone who has shared in your life.

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love meeting blogger friends- you are so right about knowing them more from blogs!!! I feel the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was truly an honor to get to meet you in person & I thoroughly enjoyed our "date" as well! I am SO looking forward to seeing you again in a few weeks :) Mucho hugs...

    ReplyDelete

When you leave me a comment, my phone chimes. I run to it from across the house, anxious to read what you've said. I save them in my email and read them multiple times a day, which is why you may not get an immediate response but I promise I eventually respond to every comment that has an email address.

You make me smile - I just thought you should know.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin