Monday, October 28, 2013

The butterfly evolution

Changes continue to happen in Sofia's big girl bedroom and if I do say so myself, I'm loving it!  But enough talking, let's get down to some pictures!

The Rug came and I'm so in love with it!
Her room looks so sweet and girly!
I originally bought the lamp for the basement playroom but 
it's perfect in its new home.
Now I just have to figure out what color to paint the book cubes?  Book rectangles?  
Book holder thingies?
Should I paint them white to make things a little cleaner and let
the books be the color, or go with a shade of pink and orange from the rug?

In this corner, the red pouf is getting replaced with a white one, as soon as I can find one that's not a million dollars.  I just put the pink pillow in the chair to see what it would look like, but I will find a fun fabric and recover the smaller striped pillow that used to be there.  I'm not sure if I should repaint the side table, as it mimics the white base and black top of her chalkboard table.  Thoughts?  I still haven't hung the shelves or curtain wire on the wall opposite the dresser, but I'm hoping to get that done this week.  It's coming together and with a few more small tweaks, Sofia's big girl room will be all finished!
Also, this is my new favorite thing about her room.
This was just for fun.
Sofia doesn't sleep with anything in her bed; she's constantly kicking off blankets 
and stuffed animals get thrown to the floor if they dare try to share her space.

This isn't one of my word-vomit dumping kind of posts, but I sure do love decorating my little girl's room and I just wanted to share what I've been doing with you, my friends.
And it's a good thing I like decorating, because I have another little girl's room 
that is in DIRE need of some attention.  I'm just waiting for inspiration to strike; even though I've been all over Pinterest and the design blogs but nothing is speaking to me just yet.
We'll just call this shot "Before the before."

This post is a short one, but hopefully a fun one.  I think you have to have posts like these every now and then, right?  

Anyway, I have to run.  I'm interviewing babysitters this afternoon so Drew and I can have a date night this weekend and I should probably shower and get out of my pjs.  It's a huge but necessary step (getting a sitter, not getting out of my pjs.  Although some days that's a pretty major thing too) and I'm crazy nervous about it.  I'm going to be positive, attract nothing but happy positive energy, say lots of prayers and get a sitter for my child.  If that sounds ridiculous, it's because it is.  I shouldn't go nearly three years without a regular date night with my husband, without regular mom time for me.  We're all important players in this family and we all deserve some recharge time.  I will ask lots of questions, use my mom intuition to guide me to the right caregiver and we're all going to win.

Wish me luck!

Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. Cute cute cute!! I vote for white on the book cubes, that way they can grow with her and you won't have to repaint if you change things up again in a few years. I like the little side table as is...and I actually kind of like the red pouf, but I think I've seen other colors at Target (although not sure about white). It's looking so good!! Looking forward to what you come up with for baby's room- and good luck with getting a sitter!! It's a necessity- good for you for taking the steps to get some one on one time with Drew! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the big girl rug!! I think her book nook should be orange because of the pink lamp and the ‘possibly pink’ patterned pillow; either way with color or painted white it will look fantastic. I think I like the table the way it is.

    Wha-aat? Did I just hear you correctly?? Interviewing babysitters! I’m sending love, prayers, good vibes, rainbow rays, strong hope and speaking into existence that a spectacular person will come your way, help Sofia thrive, give you room to breathe, hooray for Drew-dates and throwing in a Water Boy “You can do iiiiiitttttt!” quote.
    I’m being silly but I mean it whole-heartedly, seriously. Praying for ya'll!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute!! I vote for painting the cubes white and letting the books be the color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the room D. That rug is everything! I like how it is colorful without going nuts. It ties together the several different shades of pink in the room. I would leave the table base white, and I thought that the green and yellow book cubes were intentionally tied to Sofia's "On Children" and "I Love You" wall art.

    The pouf is reading more hot pink on my screen, which makes it look super cute in this room. I would think a white one would be hard to keep clean, although it would be a nice contrast against the armchair. So many decisions!

    p.s. Are you gonna have a headboard in there? The butterflies are cute, but those would last about 2.3 seconds at bedtime before my kid pulled them off the wall. But perhaps Sofia is less destructive, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!!! Girl. You. Rocked. It!

    Ummm, speaking of your child #2s room? Am I shitty for still purchasing clothes and things for my little girl only? Don't get me wrong, I'm excited for my son BUT, what the hell am I supposed to buy him that is fun?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can you share where that dollhouse came from?

    ps: Love the rug!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dollhouse was in my girlfriend's garage. She got it at a consignment sale and her daughter didn't really play with it so she sold it to me. It has no identifying markings on it, so I have no clue where it came from. I'm so sorry! :-(

      Delete
  7. How did the date night go? Which babysitter did you hire? I hope it works out into a long term thing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. everything is perfect ,simply awesome

    ReplyDelete

When you leave me a comment, my phone chimes. I run to it from across the house, anxious to read what you've said. I save them in my email and read them multiple times a day, which is why you may not get an immediate response but I promise I eventually respond to every comment that has an email address.

You make me smile - I just thought you should know.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin