Tuesday, June 10, 2014

The Pieprzyks are on the move!

Knock knock!  Anybody home?

Let me blow the dust off of my poor neglected blog here and see if I still know how to do this...

Not much has been happening around these parts, we've just been living life and it's been slow, blog-wise.  Summer is finally here, thank GOD.  I didn't think I was going to make it through this winter!  And with sunshine and warmer days comes more energy, so it's only fitting that I get on back to writing, right?

And what better way to kick it all off with some nice meaty content - so how about it?

We're moving again!

Yep, we've been in Reading less than two years and it's time to depart these parts.  Drew has been an absolute rockstar at his job, getting promotions and raises and this newest change will take us to the lovely town of Raleigh, North Carolina.

Once again, I've never been there and I know nothing about the city.  Drew's brother and his wife live in Charlotte, which is only a couple of hours away but that's the extent of my knowledge.  I do know it's warmer and for that I'm exceedingly grateful; I'm a giant wimp and I just can't handle winter so I'm going to be so happy to get to nicer weather.

I'm excited to house hunt again and decorate a new house and I'll be sure to share my GIANT list of the things I want in the next house.  Before, I just wanted to be close to Target but with a baby and a toddler, my needs have certainly changed and you know I'll be crowd-sourcing info from you guys too.  This is our third house and I want to get it right this time.  Although, I'd say we've done pretty well so far.
I will always love this house

You know what though?  
I've fallen in love with this little house too and 
I'm really going to miss it when we're gone.

It's a drag to have to leave so soon after we got here because I just got the house to where I like it and to just turn that over to someone else is kind of sad.  We're not house flippers, we're house-living-inners, and I like to enjoy the fruits of my labor.  Ah well.  I guess we can only hope that the new owners enjoy our finishes.

And speaking of new owners, can I put a request out to the universe now?  Please Universe, can we sell the house in fewer than ten months this time?  With the Texas house, we had over 50 showings.  FIFTY.  It was hellish enough with just one baby and a dog, but now with a baby and a kid that takes for-flippin-EVER to get out of the house?  The mere thought makes me twitch.  So yeah Universe, it would be cool if you could do something about that.

Yet, as much as I want the house to sell quickly, I am beyond heartbroken to leave my friends.  I found three women here that have become my tribe, my people.  We see each other several times a week, we laugh, we cry and I am going to miss them so much.  Just thinking about leaving them makes me so choked up and I really just can't think about having to try and find friends like that in Raleigh.  I mean, I'm not going to; my girls can't be replicated.  They are the most amazing friends ever.  
I love them.  For real.
And I'm getting misty-eyed just looking at this damn picture.
This part is going to suck.

UGH!  Before I start sobbing at my keyboard....

Anyway!  We have lots to talk about - I have to show you all the stuff I've done to the house that the new owners will get to enjoy.  Namely, the laundry room that's been done-ish forever but I still haven't shown you yet.  We redid the front of the house and it's positively gorgeous, I think the living room is where I like it and I got a ruffled shower curtain for the Bathroom of Hate and now it's only the Bathroom of Strong Dislike!

This is a great move for Drew's career and I'm so proud of him for doing so much to provide for our family.  I really don't tell him that often enough:  Babe, thank you.  Really.  I know the travel is tough on you too and I really appreciate all you do for us.  You're my hero and I love you.  Even when I fuss at you and I'll try my hardest to fuss at you less and love on you more, okay?

I hear the baby fidgeting and Sofia is already up, so I have to run but let me at least show you a couple pictures of the laundry room.  Drew and his friend did all this themselves!
This was shortly after we moved in.
This was just after they finished and before we put everything back.

I have lots more pictures, but didn't they do a great job?  Drew is quite handy when he's not traveling halfway across the world.

Okay, I have to run but if you know anything about Raleigh, lay it on me!




Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. OMG! I love the laundry room! I seriously love it! Can they come do mine too? :)

    And congratulations!! I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed that the house sells quickly and that you find the perfect house for your adorable family in North Carolina!

    Also - make sure to take a family photo outside your house like you did with the first one! SO PRECIOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Drew missed his calling as a contractor! He needs his own HGTV show, yall would be so cute and he's not too hard on the eyes either! :-) I'm jealous you guys get to move to another house. Its like you get a chance every couple of years to re-create your home with new knowledge about your family's needs. The only downside: I get discouraged about remodeling when I know I'm going to move soon. However, it looks like everything you did was affordable and definitely made the house a better value. Good luck! Your home in Raleigh will be NICE (the property is so much cheaper).

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're gonna LOVE it there! It's voted like one of the top towns to live in, for real. Just saw that on HGTV, haha! My friend is a teacher there. It's a college area too with UNC pretty close. I am sooo jealous of the more sunshine you'll get! but yay! happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh AND you'll get a whole lot more house for the money there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You crazy lady, how are you going to move all of those rugs of yours? ;)
    I can't wait to see what you do with the new space!!! (and that laundry room looks amazing!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How exciting! I wanted to live in NC (Charlotte) before I settled down and got married and thangs. :) Is either of your family going to watch the kids while you guys move in?

    The laundry room is amazeballs! Between the two of you, yaw need an HGtv show. :)

    My friend, (Did you two ever e-mail?) moves around just like you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not sure if you read Dear Baby, but I know Melissa lives in Raleigh. Lots of good info the town on her blog. I've never been, but after following her blog for a few years, I definitely want to visit. Good Luck!
    http://dearbabyblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Omg I live in durham!!! When you get to raleigh we must have a play date for the girls!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds good! When we get there be sure to email me!

      Delete
  9. Excited for you and your family! Sending good vibes for an as-smooth-as-can-be-with-2-kids move/transition! And your laundry room...um, can I move in there? :) Looks seriously amazing - good job Drew and friend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh man I'm a little misty eyed thinking about you moving further away. We never got that trip to NYC in. :( Anyway, it's great your hubby is doing so well. You will land on your feet I'm sure. Enjoy. I'll always be "here" on the internet anyway. And if you ever drive up my way you are always welcome.

    ReplyDelete

When you leave me a comment, my phone chimes. I run to it from across the house, anxious to read what you've said. I save them in my email and read them multiple times a day, which is why you may not get an immediate response but I promise I eventually respond to every comment that has an email address.

You make me smile - I just thought you should know.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin