Wednesday, September 15, 2010

I suck at life

Actually, I suck at writing right now.  Stuff is happening in my life, stuff that would be cool to write about, yet for some reason I'm finding it annoyingly difficult to put my fingers to the keyboard.


So I'm going to do something I've never done before and I'm nervous.  I told myself I wouldn't ever do it, because I'm the one who decides the subject matter 'round here.  This is what writer's block does to you - it causes you to whore yourself out like some cheap desperate meth-head looking for a fix.  But I'm not a meth-head.  I don't even drink caffeinated soda.  I rarely even drink soda.  You know what?  Forget the meth-head reference.  Do you see what is happening to me?


I've decided to open myself up to questions.  And I'm scurred.  The Pioneer Woman has done it a bunch, and some other blogs have done it and due to this raging, pissing-me-straight-the-fuck-off writer's block that I have, now I'm doing it too.


I'm scared that only one person will ask me something, and it'll be the one thing I'm not comfortable answering.  But it's out here, I'm doing it and I'm praying to the baby Jesus I don't regret it.


So shoot.  Is there anything you want to know that I haven't already told you?  This is why I'm nervous, I feel like I've told you everything already and you're going to be all, nah there's nothing I care to know about you Desiree, you're kind of lame.  And then I will cry.


And PS - if you're mean, I reserve the full right to be mean right back.


Ask away!


OH!  I just thought of something!  Is there anything you want me to write more about?  Stuff you like, stuff you want to know more about?  Let's do that too!

17 comments:

  1. I'm curious to know more about whether or not you have siblings, do they have kids, how's your relationship with them? (sorry if I missed a post that already covered these things!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about posting a list of "25 things you don't know about me" like they do in US Weekly?! I'm sure there are LOTS of stuff we don't know about you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read your blog, i just don't know what to ask you (yet) but i think you are a fantastic writer with a great sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. did you ever make the creme brulee french toast? (or have Drew make it for you!) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Does Drew's drinking while away from home, partying at company functions (ie. sleeping/passing out while hugging the toilet), travelling so much of the time, ever cause you concern for your marriage? I'm not suggesting trust issues...or that Drew is a misbehavin', doesn't know what a great wife he has, kind of dude. Just wondering, fully aware that other women can be scanty in their dealings, if it ever plays on your mind...and if it ever comes up for you guys at all?

    Is this question too personnel? I'm really sorry if it is...I've read your blog for some time and have wondered about and admired your strength in having a hubby that is away from home on business as much as he is.

    Praying for your block removal and the flow of words!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Questions are good, they force you outside your comfort zone, but you don't have to take the bait if you think it'll bring you too far out.

    I have a benign question and a slightly more personal question, feel free to answer either/or or both :)

    Where did you grow up?

    and

    Would you and Drew ever consider adoption?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Being in an interracial relationship myself, I'd like to know if this has ever caused any issues between you and Drew or with people you've encountered in your lives. Also are there any funny cultural differences that have come up through dating/marriage?

    ReplyDelete
  8. We haven't heard much about the baby situation since your horrible experience earlier in the summer (don't remember what it was called... but you had phantom pains writing about it!), and I've been wondering if the doctors ever came to a conclusion as to why you had two miscarriages so close together. Very personal... eek... sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm with Julia, I would love to know more about your childhood. Where did you grow up? Who influenced your life and decisions that you have made and why? Or even just some of your old favorite stories from you youth.

    Thanks for opening yourself up like this, I know it is hard.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love to know more about your past career as a flight attendant. Your likes, dislikes, why you joined up, why you left, routes you flew, people you met, stories (I'm sure) you have. I always enjoy reading your blog and hope the words start flowing again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh!!! Do a "Memory Lane" about the time period when you first met Drew, your initial thoughts and feelings, if you knew right then and there he was the one or if he had to grow on you, etc. I love "How I Got With My Mate" stories! :)

    (I joined your blog late and have been trying to go back and read from the beginning - if I missed that one please point me in the right direction)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your beautiful hair!! I found you through Curly Nikki, and I'd love to hear more about your hair. I wanna know your step by step routine with pictures !!

    ReplyDelete
  13. hi there,

    i would like to know how you ended up at smu/in dallas. were you already in texas? i'm from dallas, so smu was way too close to home to be a college choice for me, but i'm curious as to how you ended up choosing it and staying in dallas afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Let's talk hair! Have you gotten used to it? Any favorite products?? Tricks of the trade??

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh, another thing i meant to ask. is it just me, or do you also think that your husband looks like the actor, cole hauser, from 'the family that preys' and 'chase'? just wondering... :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've never thought of that but Cole Hauser is definitely a cutie! I think he looks like Simon Baker from The Mentalist - but with a cuter nose. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh, another thing i meant to ask. is it just me, or do you also think that your husband looks like the actor, cole hauser, from 'the family that preys' and 'chase'? just wondering... :)

    ReplyDelete

When you leave me a comment, my phone chimes. I run to it from across the house, anxious to read what you've said. I save them in my email and read them multiple times a day, which is why you may not get an immediate response but I promise I eventually respond to every comment that has an email address.

You make me smile - I just thought you should know.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin