Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Allow me to reintroduce myself

Hello again!  It's so nice to see you!

I do hope that this is the start of something beautiful and that I'll get to visit here more often, provided the two small people in my life give me that time.

Now, I feel like I've been gone so long and so much has happened that a little recap is in order.  And on the off chance that you're reading for the first time, I'll bring you up to speed.  A lot's happened since my last post and it's always fun to look back to see how far you've come.

Join me on Memory Lane, won't you?

Way back when, I was unmarried with a hot boyfriend.
 Not a care in the world.

After a while, we got married.
Bliss.

Then it got complicated, and life took off at breakneck speed.  You see, on the day we got married I thought I was pregnant.  I mean, I was; I thought I was pregnant with a live baby but it turns out I wasn't.  That was my first miscarriage and it was bad.  Like, so bad that I didn't think the sun would ever shine again and it was a downright shitty way to start married life.  

But, that was our start and through a LOT of tears, fights and despair, somehow we persevered.  I had another miscarriage, but finally I carried a live baby to full term and my first daughter Sofia was born.

Sofia's birth story 
Part 1  
Part 2  
Part 3  
Part 4  It's kind of an awesome read, if I do say so myself.
  It seems like it was yesterday.

Time passed, and we decided we wanted to add to our family.  We knew what we were up against, and I had two more miscarriages and it sucked.  Hard.  However, once again I was able to carry to term and my second daughter Andrea joined us almost two years ago.

Her birth story was pretty epic too.

I am blessed beyond measure.

Life as a mother of two is a ride for sure and the A Number One reason that my writing took a distant backseat.  That hot boyfriend I married and had those beautiful babies with?  He has an amazing job that he loves, but that job takes him out of town a lot.  A lot a lot.  I'm on my own the majority of the time and actually, I hope to be able to write more about that in the future.  

But him being gone means I'm responsible for everything 24-7, no breaks, no tapping out, no helping hands.  All Mom, all the time.  And did I mention we move a lot?
This was our first house, in Texas.  
I loved that house so very much.

Three years later, we moved to Pennsylvania and this little ranch
became our home.

Two very short years after that, we came to North Carolina
and this is where we lay our heads.

If you're keeping track, that's three houses in six years, three states, a baby in each state (except here; I told Drew that there will NOT be a baby in North Carolina.)  It's a lot, and while the adventure is fun, I'm looking forward to putting some roots down and sittin' a spell.

My babies are four and almost two now.
Someone please tell me when the hell and how the hell this happened.

This too, please.

My days are so full sometimes that all I want to do at the end of the day is collapse in bed and binge watch Netflix.  These days I'm starting to feel like I'm catching my breath and one of the first things I wanted to do was come back here and reconnect with you, my readers and friends.  I've missed you guys and it warms my heart more than you know to get those emails checking in on me, making sure I'm still alive.  I've said it before and I'll never stop saying it, you guys are the best.

So I'm back.  I'm here and I'm going to do my best to stick around and update more frequently because I've got ten months worth of stories to tell and I do hope you'll want to hear them.

As always, this blog is a reflection of my life in its current state and currently, I'm all about being a mom and daydreaming about decorating my house.  Do you remember way way back, I was terrible at sewing?  Well guess what?  I'm pretty decent now and I'm regularly sewing things!  Nothing major, I'm not making wedding gowns but I've made things and they don't suck!

With every move, making our house a home is a priority for me and this time, it's no different.  I've just got a gigantic canvas now and it's been a fun challenge.  I've been doing little things here and there and I'd love to share them with you and as usual, I've made mistakes (jewelry storage anyone?), I've learned things and maybe I have some knowledge that might of use to you.  If nothing else, I'm always good for a laugh.

So thank you.  Thank you for checking in on me, thank you for sticking with me and I will be back soon!


Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. Yay! I was thinking about you the other day! The girls are so big!! The house is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you're back. I can't believe your girls have gotten so big and even more gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. EEEEEE!!!! I was just thinking the other day that I sure wished you were blogging, but I know hard that can be with two young kids. I'm just starting to be able to catch my breath, too, and I've been quilting a little bit every night.

    Anyway, so happy to see you here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Halleluj-Halleluj!!! You're BACK - yippeeee! :) Your blog was seriously missed on this end. Cannot BELIEVE how big the girls have gotten, absolutely gorgeous. Welcome back my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back friend! You have been missed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! I've been checking back periodically and hoping you'll find some time to post again. Glad to "see" you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you posted. I cannot wait to hear more stories about your current life and YOUR DECORATING! Woot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to see you writing again my friend. I'm going to start doing the same. Love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you're back! Can't believe it's been so long since you left Texas! You guys need to come back ;)
    Welcome back to the boggersphere!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this!!!!! What a great recap of some very busy years!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're back! Look at those babies of yours...absolutely beautiful! Why must these children grow up so fast? Looking forward to your stories!

    ReplyDelete

When you leave me a comment, my phone chimes. I run to it from across the house, anxious to read what you've said. I save them in my email and read them multiple times a day, which is why you may not get an immediate response but I promise I eventually respond to every comment that has an email address.

You make me smile - I just thought you should know.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin