Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Rambling Random Thoughts

Drew left for the weekend to go skiing with Milton. They're going to the governor's ball in Santa Fe, NM. I gave him permission to be a good wingman, although I'm secretly hoping he's not that good, nor does he enjoy it too much...

It is so cold outside and I'm so thankful that I walk in the underground tunnels to work! With the exception of the fifteen seconds that it takes to exit my building and get to the escalators leading underground, I am completely free from the elements! Of course, there's the dry-cleaning I have to take somehow. I guess I can suck it up for a block - it's nice living downtown, almost everything is within walking distance. I'm such a city-girl, I dread the inevitable move to the suburbs...

I completely sympathize with people that call our office looking for their money. I remember the day that I nearly broke down talking with the unemployment lady because I was so scared about having no money and no prospects. And no sooner had I gotten off the phone and had a good cry that the staffing company called and told me I got the job. I was so emotionally spent that I couldn't even be happy about it. But God knows, now I am! So my heart just goes out to the people that call looking for their security deposit - I know that feeling. They just want to talk to a live person and get a solid answer as to when their money is coming and I don't have it. The answer I mean.

I wonder what happens to the calls I transfer away - do they get a live person or yet another voicemail? The ones that bother me the most are all the vendors looking for their money for services rendered. In some ways, I feel like they're talking to me. Bill collectors have always made me nervous, although I am getting better about it. My thought is, if a service was rendered why wouldn't you pay for it? I honestly don't get that. I'm not debt-free, but I have always paid my bills on time (for the most part). I've just never been severely late on bills, such that collectors need to contact me - I pray that I never do.

I can't wait for 2009 - I'm so hopeful and optimistic, more so than I've been in recent memory. I think because I've finally hit my stride and it's a good feeling!

No comments:

Post a Comment

When you leave me a comment, my phone chimes. I run to it from across the house, anxious to read what you've said. I save them in my email and read them multiple times a day, which is why you may not get an immediate response but I promise I eventually respond to every comment that has an email address.

You make me smile - I just thought you should know.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin