Monday, October 18, 2010

8 questions

Mmmmmm-haaaaaaaa!  That's me taking a big deep breath and exhaling.  I don't usually prefer to spell out sounds but sometimes it just can't be avoided and it's just so fitting.  It's a good day y'all - I went to yoga for the first time in a long time on Saturday and got me some zen and I went to church on Sunday and got me some Jesus.  I taught this morning and it was a good class so I'm feeling good about things.


I thought I'd lighten the mood around here with some answers to some questions.  I have a fun post planned from my flight attendant days that I hope you enjoy.  Carolyn tagged me the other day so I'll kick things off with that!


1. What was the first CD/tape/Album you ever bought with your own money?
I don't know if it was the first one I ever bought but the one that sticks out the most is Guns N Roses Appetite for Destruction.  I am so cringing right now.  What's worse, I remember there was an address on the Use Your Illusion tape that I actually sent a letter to - it was part of the cover art.  What in the world possesses me to confess these things?  You may have my cool kids card, I will never ask for it again.


2. What is your favorite piece of jewelry and why (wedding/e-rings don't count)?
My mom taught me to love jewelry very early and I'm so grateful to her for that!  I actually have three favorites, I can't pick.  When my mom was pregnant with me, she bought herself a diamond ring.  It was a thin gold band with two thin baguettes flanking the oval center stone.  When I got my first 'big girl' money from being a flight attendant I had the center diamond reset for her one Christmas and for my 21st birthday she put a sapphire in the original setting and gave it to me.  The other is a 3-stone ring she gave me when I graduated from college.  My third favorite is from Drew and I hate that I don't have a good picture of it because it's so unique!  He didn't want to get me a promise ring so he gave me a promise necklace and it's gorgeous!!  It's got diamonds, opals and a tanzanite and I just love it!  
All my favorite jewelry!

3. What's your favorite holiday & why?
Christmas, no doubt.  The whole family gets together, it's chilly outside so you have to bundle up and hold each other close, you get to drink hot cider.  Handel's Messiah is one of my most favorite classical music pieces and you usually only hear it at Christmastime - gives me goosebumps!  Now that we have little kids in the family, it's so much fun to see them open their presents and it seems that Christmas does something to people such that you put aside your differences, you smile a bit more easily and you're just happy.  I can't wait to dress my kid up as Santa Claus, boy or girl!

4. What sound or noise do you love?
I can't pick!  I do love laughter but the first thing I thought of is that feeling you get when you're listening to the radio or your iPod on shuffle and the first few bars of your song comes on.  I loooove my satellite radio because there are no commercials but also because there's such a great variety I never know what song will come on next.  Am I the only one who goes "awwww hell yeah!" when my jam comes on?  I turn it up and rock out.  Currently, my favorite song is Winner and when those first few bars come over the speakers it's just me and the music for the next couple of minutes.
I'm sad that they didn't do a video for this song, I love it so much!

5. What's your favorite curse word?
F*ck, most definitely (see, I censor myself when I'm not actually using it.  Just trying to keep it classy y'all.)  It's just such a great word but it's quite a powerful curse word and it can be quite jarring when it comes from an odd source, like an older well-dressed gentleman type.  We were waiting for valet after dinner one night and these two couples were joking with the valet to bring them the Bentley (like valets have never heard *that* one before), then he brought their car around.  The guy goes, "Hey, you brought me the wrong fucking car buddy!"  I was so jolted to hear come out of his mouth, at a nice restaurant, being all well-dressed and such.  Just goes to show how attention-grabbing the word truly is.

6. What profession other than yours would you like to attempt?
Umm, trained assassin, hellooo!  Of course, I probably wouldn't ever be able to actually kill anyone so I guess I'd settle for being an actress who only played trained assassins.  I wouldn't want to have to be a real actress and go on auditions and take crap parts.  Nope, only the cool chick, ass-kicking roles for me!

7. What profession would you not like to do?
Anything where I have to try to convince people that they need what I have.  Is that sales I guess? I don't like the pushiness aspect, nor do I like the relationship aspect because I'm no good at either.  I don't want to try to take money from you nor do I want to pretend to be interested in your life just so I can make the deal.  

8. If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the pearly gates?
"Welcome, we've been expecting you.  Your parents and grandparents are just over there, playing with your children."  (The angel babies, not the one(s) I'm gonna have.  I want my present and future children to outlive me.) 

Those were fun!  If you'd like to take a stab at it, go right ahead!  Be sure to leave me a comment so I can come check out your answers!

7 comments:

  1. **all smiles** Jesus & yoga...works every time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that your first CD was Guns N Roses. Love it. :)

    Christmas is my favorite too!

    Trained assassin - awesome. You should read The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. You would love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite peice of jewelry (besides wedding/e ring) is a gold Ganesh (a hindu god) necklass my father gave me for my 21st birthday. Ganesh represents good luck in new endeavors, and I had just decied to go back to school. Also he used to tell me it was from the 15th century (although I'm not sure if that is true, he had a tendency to exaggerate the truth).

    Love your assassin answer, I totally agree.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your rings gal!!!! I will be posting them on my blog too, but I'll let you know when, it's been a few days since I last posted. School, school, school.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I only came across your site a few days ago but I have to admit that in every entry that I've read so far, something that you say makes me cry. In this post, it was this: "Welcome, we've been expecting you. Your parents and grandparents are just over there, playing with your children." (The angel babies, not the one(s) I'm gonna have. I want my present and future children to outlive me.)

    I do believe that is what will happen for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, so I decided I would answer these questions on my blog. Good way for me to get over my absenteeism anxiety.

    http://highway101today.blogspot.com/2010/10/bad-blogger-and-8-questions.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I only came across your site a few days ago but I have to admit that in every entry that I've read so far, something that you say makes me cry. In this post, it was this: "Welcome, we've been expecting you. Your parents and grandparents are just over there, playing with your children." (The angel babies, not the one(s) I'm gonna have. I want my present and future children to outlive me.)

    I do believe that is what will happen for you!

    ReplyDelete

When you leave me a comment, my phone chimes. I run to it from across the house, anxious to read what you've said. I save them in my email and read them multiple times a day, which is why you may not get an immediate response but I promise I eventually respond to every comment that has an email address.

You make me smile - I just thought you should know.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin