Monday, July 9, 2012

In transition

Don't mind any weirdness happening on the blog; I'm trying my hand at redesigning it myself and I haven't the slightest clue what I'm doing.  I'm just hoping I don't accidentally do something terrible.


Anyway, in house-selling news!  PS, I'm so thrilled to be able to say that!  The inspection was this past Friday and we haven't heard anything yet.  I'm subscribing to the 'no news is good news' philosophy because I cannot bear the thought of not passing and going back to the starting line.  So I'm speaking it into existence:  We have passed our inspection, the appraisal will go well and we will sell our house!
I just felt like a victory photo should go here.
I already have plans for the photos and videos I'm going to take when we get that 
SOLD sign in our front yard.  You do NOT want to miss that!

We leave Wednesday morning for our house-hunting trip!  I'm really excited and if you follow me on Pinterest(and yes, I'm asking you to follow me) you'll see that I've been pinning the crap out of all things home design and decor.  Our house now is pretty much my dream house.  We didn't have to do a thing to it but move in.  The colors and design were exactly what I wanted and it's been the perfect house.  

The houses in Reading?  Not as much.
This is the actual front porch of one of the houses we're going to see.
The kitchen, same house.  This house has good bones and is in the primo school district, which is all that matters up there.  Clearly.

You'd think I'd run away screaming from houses like this, but no!  I, my friends, am a BLOGGER.  I'm not afraid of a little DIY.  It'll take more than a little gut job to scare me.  I look at those pictures and think I can redo EVERYTHING and get exactly what I want!  I must PIN Inspiration Pictures!  Then I stay up until 2 in the morning on Pinterest and Craigslist, daydreaming.

I'm actually excited about the prospect of painting and demo-ing and before and after-ing and blogging all about it.  Of course, check back in a few months when I'm crying about having no kitchen or hearing the wind through the giant hole in my house.

Now, even though Drew's company has arranged to have movers pack everything (thank the baby Jesus!!!), it's still going to be stressful because moving always is, no matter how you slice it.  We will have temp housing for a couple of months and we have to figure out what we need while we're there, what can stay in storage and what we can do without.  Our last day in Dallas is the 28th and Drew and the dog will drive up the following week while I spend that time in Kansas with my family.  So I have to pack for a week in Kansas, pack my car with the big stuff that'll go to temp housing so it's there when we arrive, ship whatever won't fit in the car, and keep track of what will be where.  I'm kind of getting a headache thinking about it.

But it's the best kind of headache because the ball is finally rolling!  I'm so happy that we actually have a direction and that things are actually happening!  I'll be back on Wednesday or Thursday with the report of our house hunting trip(!) and maybe even with the news that we've picked a house!

Stay tuned!
Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. So exciting!! :) I can't wait to read about your DIY adventures! :) (FYI - this is Carolyn. It wouldn't let me post as me!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee hee! Love that kitchen;o) Keep looking! Maybe you will find something that someone has updated. Make sure there is a 2 car garage so you don't have to scrape the ice and snow off the cars, too! Eeek, the whole temporary housing/going to Kansas thing does add a little more stress. But I know you'll love seeing your family! This is exciting...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy for you! YES!!!! It was a long time coming and you guys made it.

    P.S. It's nothing like your current gorgeous home, but I do love the paint color in that kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man that house does not look good. Although, the kitchen just needs a good coat of paint and to have the wall paper taken down. That will go a long way. And don't forget, the worse the "before" picture the better the "after" will look. :) Good luck with the house hunting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. With houses like that, you'll learn a whole new craft of redesigning/carpentry, etc! It's going to be a fantastic opportunity ot let your skills shine! Gulp...good luck! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Getting SO very excited for you! Crossing my fingers everything goes smoothly & flawlessly! Oh & we MUST get together while you are back in Kansas!

    ReplyDelete

When you leave me a comment, my phone chimes. I run to it from across the house, anxious to read what you've said. I save them in my email and read them multiple times a day, which is why you may not get an immediate response but I promise I eventually respond to every comment that has an email address.

You make me smile - I just thought you should know.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin