Monday, August 12, 2013

Griswold family vacation

I'm supposed to be packing, so of course I'm blogging.  Makes perfect sense.  We're leaving on vacation tomorrow for a million days and I'm supposed to be packing the house because Drew is obsessed with not forgetting anything.  You'd think we were going to the wilderness, not the beach with all modern amenities nearby.  It's all good tho, I'd rather my husband be obsessive than clueless and flighty.  So he gets a pass; especially because I'm blogging when I should be packing.
Also, I really wanted to post this picture.

I'm fervently hoping that this trip will be better than Puerto Rico, so y'all cross your fingers for me on that one.  I'm feeling 100 times better than I have been, so I have hope.  Which PS, I need you mothers of more than one kid to weigh in for a second:

How was your second pregnancy compared to your first?  I was all kinds of sick and tired and nauseated at 8 weeks, but at nine weeks it's all completely gone.  If I didn't know I was pregnant, I wouldn't think I was pregnant.  Which is oh so fun for someone who has had multiple miscarriages, by the way.  I've already been in my OB's office, ugly-crying because I was convinced the baby was dead because I didn't feel sick anymore.  They did an ultrasound and I shit you not, the kid waved at me.  Waved.  My stomach is pretty much flat, my boobs don't hurt and haven't changed size, I'm not nauseated and my legs don't even hurt!
I haven't had to bust out my compression hose or anything!

I haven't even been *that* hormonal (shut it, Drew.)  I wonder if my body has figured out this whole pregnancy thing and isn't freaking about it like, Oh so being pregnant *doesn't* mean pain and agony?  My bad.  Who knows.  Anyway, was it like that for you?

Also, this is the vacation where I'm going to meet the sister.  That should be fun and interesting, if by fun and interesting we mean weird and awkward.  Because that's what I mean.  I sent my one email and I'm hoping that I'll be able to make it through without completely embarrassing myself.  I'm not holding my breath.

Oh yeah - you guys are way too nice to me on the pillow thing.  It's ok, I know I can't sew and as soon as I get some more time, I'm going to try again.  Maybe.

Okay, that's all I've got.  Don't forget to tell me about your second pregnancy and pray for my husband because I'm sure I'm going to forget something and I'm sure his head will explode from the exasperation.  Please remind him that we're on vacation. 

Okay for real, I'm getting off.  I have to pack.  No more procrastinating.

*Watch, we're going to be stuffing the car at midnight tonight while Drew cusses me out.  Actually, y'all might want to say a prayer for me, now that I think about it.  Especially if I don't get off this computer...

Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. Have fun on vacation!! And lucky you- having no pregnancy symptoms after week 9! I'm still puking at least once or twice a morning, but feel pretty good most of the day.

    Good luck with meeting the sister. It's worth meeting to know. To put a face to her and to have some resolve from this. You don't have to love her or even like her, but it's worth meeting. Even though it will be major awkward. Good luck- but most importantly, enjoy the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were pregnant together with your daughter and my daughter (Haley was born May 16 2011) and now we are pregnant together again (also had a mc between Haley and this pregnancy). Thank you for keeping your blog relevant to my life (haha). I am now 27ish weeks--and while I can't speak for the pregnancy symptoms, the "OMG IS SOMETHING WRONG" feeling has never gone away for me. What has somewhat helped me cope with that feeling is a fetal doppler like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/sonoline-B-fetal-doppler-and-bundle-extra-/121156193613?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c3578cd4d

    AND so I have been listening to the heartbeat at home since about 10 weeks or so. HOWEVER, I have now convinced myself that I use it too much so my kid is going to have Autism or something. So I don't recommend buying one unless you discuss with your doctor and show some type of self restraint (I was using mine twice a day at some point, and while my doc didn't seemed concerned--there are other docs who are more conservative with the use of technology).

    Yup so there is that. Enjoy your vaycation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pregnant with my second now. With my first son, I had ONE craving, and it lasted through the first 20 weeks. This time, I needed a new and different food every 2 days because I got sick of what I'd been eating before. I'm showing earlier and my SPD is way worse than the first time! Hah, so as hard as it is not to worry, it's got to be nice on the one hand that this pregnancy is going a bit easier on you than Sofia's. Funnily enough, even though we've been grateful that both pregnancies have been uneventful for us, I'm much more of a worrier this time around! So don't feel bad.

    I hope you're able to walk away from the meeting with your sister not feeling awkward about how it went down! Fingers are crossed; you're one of my favourite bloggers to read, Desiree.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My second kid is now 4 months (!) old. I had a pretty easy first pregnancy but the second was even better. I didn't have morning sickness either time (don't hate me!). I had less overall aches and pains in the third tri. I didn't have much crazy insomnia either. I was overall less tired than I recall being with my first. Or maybe it is just that I am used to being tired all the time so pregnancy didn't make a difference?

    Hope you have a fun vacation *cues Holiday Road* and wishing you a much easier pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am excited for your whole life. I love reading your posts. I am quietly your biggest cheerleader (in the most non-creepy, non-stalkerish way possible). I don't know about second pregnancies because my son is all the kid I can handle... well, him and our turtle Rocko. Enjoy your vacation!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, and you know I can use all the positive energy I can get so keep it coming! :-)

      And I don't think you're creepy at all. :-)

      Delete
  6. So I am at the pediatric dentist this weekend reading Redbook, April 2013. A magazine I never pick up…and I see this article about an adult woman meeting her sister for the first time! Though her story is not exactly yours, I thought I must show you immediately.
    Then I remembered that were not friends and I’m a blog stalker. (Which I’ve accepted and come to terms with.) I talked myself out of showing you when I realized that this was an old magazine and I’m not really into stealing from my child’s dentist.

    Fast forward to Tuesday morning and YOU’RE GOING TO SEE YOUR SISTER?!?
    That gets a Kanye shrug because that ish is CRAY.

    I’m convinced to show you the article again. I google the article and ta-da! Thank you REDBOOK.

    Here it is for your reading enjoyment during your road trip:
    http://www.redbookmag.com/health-wellness/advice/reunited-with-long-lost-sister?click=main_sr

    I show you this because there’s comfort in knowing that you are not alone. That weird awkwardness will happen, maybe a bit of embarrassment on both sides. Don’t lose sight what you (and her) are doing because it is BIG.

    Moving on, my first pregnancy sucked. Sick all the time, a few bouts at the ER all while trying to finish college. I had my son naturally, a month early, in an ER that had no labor and delivery. My younger brother nervously called my parents, who were 6 hours away and they laughed in his face, thinking he was joking like he usually does. My poor brother had to suffer through this with me. No drugs, healthy baby. My parents made it, 7 hours later.

    Round two, pregnancy was super easy. I was sick three months and it was a breeze from then on. I worked every day until the day of delivery. I work for a professional football team that was doing really well during the season with Super Bowl dreams. I tried to convince my belly buddy to come out early every day. I also prayed to God. Don’t judge me. I also convinced my doctor to induce me if my new son was being stubborn. The day I went in to be induced, they told me I was already in labor. (God and my new son made a funny. Ha. Ha.) Healthy baby boy, he was 10 days old when we drove to the Super Bowl and we won. Oh and my parents and hubby were there this time! Holla!

    I don’t think any pregnancy is the same, but we all love the end result!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My pregnancy nausea (puking) and fatigue was MUCH worse this time around, and everyone said it was because I was pregnant with the opposite sex (true) and my body was readjusting to crazy new hormones. Who knows if it's true. :) Really, every pregnancy can be so different! I know it's hard to enjoy a lack of symptoms, but it's pretty awesome that baby#2 did a little wave at you to reassure you that all was well!

    Good luck with the sister meeting plans - I hope it all goes fairly smoothly and you can have that hurdle crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY! :) So glad to hear that your pregnancy is going well so far! Maybe it's the difference between a boy and a girl??? :) :) :) You might want to ship those compression hose to me. I could use them! HAHA! Except... I refuse to buy them and it's flip flop season so I'm rocking the cankles. My poor husband.

    Good luck on the trip! You'll do great! And make sure to enjoy the trip with your family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I puked until 20wks with #1 and then #2 I only puked once, but I was nauseated for 5 months. Sorry, but the answer is all pregnancies are just different. I had boys both times and they were still different. Thank the pregnancy God that you are feeling great! I craved a Margarita the entire pregnancy with #2 and as soon as I gave birth, I didn't care for one. Isn't' that funny?!? Good luck meeting the sister. How awesome would it be if she and you became so close and then Sofia and her new sissy had a wonderful Auntie?? I would have said "Boy" too, but I read the other post first, so I know she's got a "no-penis" (as my 5yo calls its) :-) Have a great trip. I'm with Drew. I pack it ALL.

    ReplyDelete

When you leave me a comment, my phone chimes. I run to it from across the house, anxious to read what you've said. I save them in my email and read them multiple times a day, which is why you may not get an immediate response but I promise I eventually respond to every comment that has an email address.

You make me smile - I just thought you should know.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin