Thursday, May 8, 2014

Precious moments

Today was Mother's Day at Sofia's school.  She made presents for us that totally made me cry and it was so cool to spend time with her.  I got to enjoy her, I was completely present and it felt so good.

I'm gearing up for another long solo-parenting stint and I'm not looking forward to it at all, not one tiny bit.  However, this is just my life and that's all there is to that.  My mom is coming in town to lend a hand and I'm going to have our babysitter come in to help as well.  Previously, I didn't want to have any help because I felt like this was my job and it reflected poorly on me if I couldn't hack it.  

I've since seen the light.

I can't do everything and I certainly can't do it all alone.  I need help; not a ton but an extra set of hands on occasion will save my sanity and it doesn't mean that I'm not busting my tail or that I'm not a good mom.  It just means I can't be everywhere and do everything and that's ok.  So I'm having people clean my house and I will be paying someone to come hang out with Sofia while I catch my breath.  That way I can be the best mother I can be.
I am so blessed to be their mother and they deserve only the best.
And if that means I get a mother's helper so I can smile more often, then so be it.
They're worth it.

Happy Mother's Day, my friends.



Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. Awesome picture of you and the girls!
    Glad you're going to allow someone lend a hand now and then.... :)
    Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! Glad you found a solution that in no way reflects poorly on you. It is the solution that makes you smart and efficient...making your time with the girls much better:) if I had the resources, that is exactly what I'd do too. I am lucky to have my mom here--so happy you have yours coming soon! And--love the dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are beautiful…and so are your sweet girls. Enjoy your Mother's Day weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Argh, I always seem to miss your great back-to-back posts when we're away! Catching-up now and boy did I miss a lot. Firstly, gorgeous photo of you and your girls!!

    As an African woman (*ahem* raised mostly in the US... but I digress), I say this with near certainty: child rearing does indeed take "a village." And when a village is not available, you create one; and that is exactly what you're doing. This means different things for different folks. Back in my child care days, I worked for diff. moms in diff. capacities, including as a mommy's helper. I saw and know from personal exp. the diff an extra set of hands can make.

    Feliz Dia de la Madre; may you enjoy this Mother's Day with your daughters and your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you! Being a great mom means you created a wonderful environment for your kid to grow & feel loved in, not that you did every single ounce of work around the house. I am so happy to hear you'll have a chance to breathe and enjoy those beautiful little girls!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, love their matching outfits! And good for you for getting some help, you are doing a tremendous amount of work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH MY GOD. That picture is everything! You should frame that one...the matching outfits? I can't take it. Happy Mother's Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amen! If my hubby wasn't around to help out with the household & children duties I'd be all for hiring help. Wait, who am I kidding? I have a cleaner come once a month anyway! If Char was gone, it'd be even more. Good for you for doing what you need to keep your sanity intact. :)

    Happy mother's day! Such a great picture.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good for you girl! Get your village! There are no trophies for being the motherhood martyr. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you saw the light. I think it's good for us moms to NOT do everything and be everything -- that's an impossible standard that no one can be held to. If we think anyone IS doing everything and being everything, then we're missing a part of the picture. I hope when my kids have kids that I can help be their village.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cutest. Picture. Ever. Drew should have this on his desk at work.

    And yes, we are not made to carry the world on our shoulders... it's ok to have help!!!!

    ReplyDelete

When you leave me a comment, my phone chimes. I run to it from across the house, anxious to read what you've said. I save them in my email and read them multiple times a day, which is why you may not get an immediate response but I promise I eventually respond to every comment that has an email address.

You make me smile - I just thought you should know.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin