Monday, June 6, 2011

Squishy hugs

Two naps today people!  In her crib!  I've cleaned the house, eaten a normal meal, done dishes and laundry and we're starting to find the semblance of a routine!  The old me would laugh at my jubilation over being able to do the dishes but this is major to the new mom me.


And I get to blog!  It's a good day indeed.


This post is dedicated to my amazing blog friends.  You're not readers, you're friends.  You've been with me on this journey to become a mother, from the beginning.  You're the reason I didn't go off the deep end when it was really bad and you're the reason I smile when it's really good.  I'm so thankful for you and there are a few in particular I want to thank right now.


Julia, the booties are the cutest things in the world and I wish her little gray dress was small enough that she could wear it now.  Forgive me that I didn't have a cuter outfit on her to do the booties justice.
She made these for Sofia!
They look so cute on her!
She's giving jazz hands of excitement

La'Shara is a frequent commenter and when she sent me an email that she had a gift for the baby, I was so humbled and touched.  
She literally passed out from excitement
It's a blanket with a doll attached.  Or is it a doll with a blanket attached?
Either way  Sofia was immediately comforted and fell fast asleep.
I can't wait to use this! 
Babies are terrifyingly slippery when wet!

Rixa Freeze made a sling for the baby and I actually received it shortly before she was born.  I feel so bad for only just now mentioning it but I plead 'new momness' - please.
Look at the beautiful sling, not at how ridiculously unkempt
I look.  If Drew weren't working, I would have had him redo this picture
but it was pulling teeth to just get this one.
I attempted a self-portrait but my camera doesn't do it justice.
She sells these slings and they're amazing!

I still have to figure out how to tighten it properly, but she can personally show me when she comes to Dallas.  I'm so excited!

I have amazing friends and I'm touched by your generosity and thoughfulness.  From Heather sending me a card for my very first Mother's Day, or Krissy giving us a toy bar on her visit to Dallas, naijababelove for the booster seat, Carolyn, Kristina and Gem for being at my baby shower (Carolyn was there in spirit), as well as my girls at the Kansas baby shower,  I'm truly humbled. 

And you who read what I write and comment, you've given me your time, your most valuable asset and I thank you for that as well.  

So here's a big squishy hug from me, my husband and the baby to you, my friends.  

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

15 comments:

  1. I am so extremely happy for you and Drew and little Sofia! Reading your happy posts and seeing these pictures just gives me joy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big Squishy Hugs right back at you!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love baby slings, every time I see a baby in one they always look so snug and comfy.

    A Girl's Next Best Friend

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those gifts are so nice! And I especially love the doll--for some reason I can just see Sofia loving her for years to come. :) And thank you, from your readers, for sharing your stories and pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahhh, such a sweet post and such cute things for sophia!

    I had a dream about you the other night. we were in chicago together and I was trying to hold sophia and mads at the same time, which was really hard. and then sophia needed a new diaper but all I had were disposables and I worried about it but decided that you'd understand. we were then sitting on the beach (in chicago, lake michigan) and a rogue wave was coming in. I was trying to reach you so that you wouldn't get caught in it. I don't think that is even possible on lake michigan...

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! She literally passed out from excitement! LOL I was so happy to shower Sofia with a gift! She is absolutely beautiful! I'm going to share your blog with my bff, she actually sells the bath bib at http://www.bathbib.com/.

    I love the booties and the sling! Sofia has received some great gifts!

    Blessings to you all,
    La'Shara aka Mrs. AKAtude

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw - big squishy hugs right back at ya :) Those gifts are awesome - shoes are too cute & you are SO rockin' that sling! Sofia is absolutely adorable - I can see how you would want to eat her chunky lil' arm - lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Man that sling looks awesome! Love the booties and the other gifts. Squishy hugs to all.

    Gem

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahh how sweet!!! Blog friends are so sweet its amazing! Your little girl is precious :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sofia looks so cozy in her sling. Love the doll/blankie & the shoes! Big hug to you, baby, hubby, doggy, and all your mommy readers, its inspiring when all the advise comes in when needed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have you checked out the "how to wear" links on the sling website? It's pretty easy to tighten, just tug on the whole tail to tighten it up everywhere, or pull on the top & bottom rails (aka the hemmed parts) separately to tighten the top & bottom of the sling individually.

    If you'd like a shorter tail, I'd be happy to hem it for you when I come visit.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG! She literally passed out from excitement! LOL I was so happy to shower Sofia with a gift! She is absolutely beautiful! I'm going to share your blog with my bff, she actually sells the bath bib at http://www.bathbib.com/.

    I love the booties and the sling! Sofia has received some great gifts!

    Blessings to you all,
    La'Shara aka Mrs. AKAtude

    ReplyDelete
  13. Desiree-- What does Sofia sleep in? Day 1 to now? I'm so overwhelmed with all the choices--crib, bassinet, co-sleeper, bouncy chairs... I would love to see a post on your must have items!

    ReplyDelete

When you leave me a comment, my phone chimes. I run to it from across the house, anxious to read what you've said. I save them in my email and read them multiple times a day, which is why you may not get an immediate response but I promise I eventually respond to every comment that has an email address.

You make me smile - I just thought you should know.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin