Thursday, October 15, 2009

My heart can't take it

What a roller coaster!  First I get married, then I find out both my parents came to Dallas to see me!  I didn't know if I could take any more surprises.  Little did I know...

Now that I knew why we were going to breakfast at ten am I was happy to get up and head over there.  We went to Drew's favorite diner - he wanted to make it a tradition for us.  I guess when we're old and gray we won't stick out as much in a diner.

When we arrived, Milton was there waiting for us!  I was so happy to see him, Milton is like my teddy bear older brother.  Taking our seats at the table with my family and new husband by my side had me beaming from ear to ear.





Kesha had joined us and I was so honored because she was missing church for us and that is major y'all!

I was sitting there just thinking how well this has all turned out to be and I looked up.



KATHLEEN AND HER DAUGHTER HOPE WALKED IN!!!

My best friend, that I was crying with just two nights ago, wishing that she was her, was walking towards me!  Hope, my god-daughter who looks freakin grown, was with her!  I hardly ever get to see her and she is growing up to be such a beautiful young lady!  I couldn't believe it!  And yes, I started crying.  At least I had makeup on this time.




When I was talking to my parents on Saturday, they were actually on their way down.  When I talked to Kathleen Friday night, she already knew she was going to be able to come down.  Drew put it all together and Kesha knew everything!  It's a good thing we're friends - they're so devious! :-)

As we were sitting around the table, I was so struck at how well this has turned out.  It was totally like Sex and the City!  My parents, my aunt, Kesha, Milton, Kathleen and Hope and my husband and me all sat down to a delicious diner-style breakfast.


I took a moment to thank Drew again for putting all this together.  My brother had a big project at work and couldn't make it and my cousin couldn't either.  I have giant hugs all ready just for them when I see them this weekend.  But the fact that he pulled all this together in a little less than a week, and the fact that my family and friends rallied in that same amount of time was nothing short of remarkable.

And just because there just aren't enough pictures of me crying, here you go.







After we finished breakfast, we all piled in the cars to head back to our house.  I just knew this was it, all the surprises were done, I had no more tears left in me. 

My husband had other ideas.


4 comments:

  1. OMG! This almost made ME cry! I just love how his finger is "caught" right in the little pocket on your jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and I really like the yellow glass window and the pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful stories! I love it! Can't wait for your next post!

    ReplyDelete

When you leave me a comment, my phone chimes. I run to it from across the house, anxious to read what you've said. I save them in my email and read them multiple times a day, which is why you may not get an immediate response but I promise I eventually respond to every comment that has an email address.

You make me smile - I just thought you should know.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin