Friday, July 8, 2011

By order of the queen

Late at night, once everyone has gone to bed, I take some time for myself and it feels great.  Sometimes I have a glass of wine, sometimes not.  But I take that time to blog - read, write, comment and it's my time.  It's precious and it's not to be messed with.


Anyway, last night I was surfing around and came across this picture.
image courtesy Centsational Girl

I was like, hey!  I have those wallflowers!  And they're still in the box!  I should do something with them! And stop using so many exclamation marks!

After our walk this morning (I still haven't found my abs) I finally got to it.  Here's a tip:  finish your nursery before the baby comes, otherwise you may find yourself 'getting to it' almost three months later.

Of course, at this point anything I do must meet with approval from the Queen.
Her Majesty

I propped her up in bed so she could supervise my work.
I will oversee your work from my throne, thank you very much.
I shall require a slight adjustment to the left, if you please.
This project meets with my approval, you may proceed.

I'd wanted to balance the wall, but couldn't find anything that really spoke to me.  I briefly toyed with a collection of frames on the opposite side of the canvas, but I thought it might make things look a little busy.  When I found the wallflowers, I knew it would work.  And yes I know everyone and their cousin is doing wallflowers but I don't care.  Count me in, I like them.  Plus, they're easy - the whole thing took me less than fifteen minutes.
See how it's not balanced?
I took them out of the box with no rhyme or reason.
That's why they're great - you don't have to be precise with it.

It came with the nails and I haphazardly nailed them in and snapped the wallflowers in place.  I know that some people might make a design on the bed and do their best to transfer that design to the wall, but I'm not that person.  I eyeballed, hammered and snapped.  And the Queen approved.
Using the picture on my laptop as a guide, it was hammer-time!
Oh yeah, I said it.  Deal with it.

I had all but seven flowers on the wall when the Queen made it known 
that she was done with this little project.
You will cease all flower-hanging this instant!!

So this is where we ended - by order of the Queen.

There was no way I was putting holes in my precious canvas.

I have seven flowers left and I'm trying to decide where and if I should hang them.  Are they good how they are?  Should I hang more?  Where?

With the Queen's approval, of course.

*It felt so good to do something for the house - I was having withdrawals!*

11 comments:

  1. qtrlifechroniclesJuly 8, 2011 at 8:10 PM

    Bwahaha... I love your posts! You always make me laugh. I haven't found my abs yet either and I follow the orders of my queen too. Maybe some more to the right going up toward the ceiling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the wallflowers the way they are right now! I guess if I was going to hang more I might put some above the door, in a random pattern. I love your chandelier too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh I love them! the queen is right -- perfect as is. What about putting those remaining seven on the other side of the bookshelf? I have never seen these before, must put some in my nursery too... so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! It looks like they're blowing in the wind! Where did you get the flowers?

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh they look so pretty with the chandelier! Maybe continue them under the shelf?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got them at Bed Bath and Beyond. I had a coupon and everything!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think they're good like they are. You did such a beautiful job on decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it, don't care if everyone else does it or not!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Who cares that everyone is doing them, they are because there cute. I like them how they are they do look windblown. Good job on the supervision Queen Sofia.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think it looks so cute!! And that is the most adorable queen I've ever seen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. hahah! I think the Queen was right to stop you there. Less is always more and it looks PERFECT just like it is. :)

    ReplyDelete

When you leave me a comment, my phone chimes. I run to it from across the house, anxious to read what you've said. I save them in my email and read them multiple times a day, which is why you may not get an immediate response but I promise I eventually respond to every comment that has an email address.

You make me smile - I just thought you should know.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin