Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Bautizo

Thanks for all your comments on my last post - don't you love a good discussion?  Plus, I'm glad we all kept it classy - I mean, as classy as you can keep it when talking about Bebe's kids.  PS, I'm so glad I wasn't the only one who knew what that was about!


But we must move on, because I have some more pretty pictures to show you.  They're not as nice as Amy Barry's, but that's because I am not a photographic genius and when I take a good picture, it's purely by accident.  Nonetheless, I'm happy I got some shots and I'd love to share them with you!


Sofia was baptized the same day we took her pictures for her birthday.  It was a big day for her and she was such a champ!  She even had the courtesy to explode her diaper between wardrobe changes and if that's not manners, I don't know what is!  I had taken her out of the pink dress and kept her tights on for her nap - I don't know if I'm thankful or not for that.  When she woke up, she smelled like she'd dropped a bomb in there.  Thank God for cloth diapers because it most certainly would have been up to her neck in a disposable!  It was up to the edge in the front and the back and her tights were helping to hold it in.  Well, when I went to take the tights off, the elastic caught on the diaper and poop flipped in my face.


I would like to say I ruefully laughed and calmly wiped it off but there was poop on my face.  Near my mouth.  I will spray a poopy diaper all day long, I'll scrub poopy clothes, but I draw the line at poop on my face and I sure as HELL don't want it near my mouth.


Drew literally cried from laughing so hard.  Ass.


However, I cleaned us both up with no further incident and we got her dressed for the baptism.  My mom brought the family dress with her and when I put the baby in it, she looked like a little angel!
Angels need to eat too.

We piled in the car and headed to church, talking to Drew's parents and Nate and Julie along the way.  I was so bummed that they couldn't be there, but Nate and Julie sent along the sweetest bracelet for Sofia.  

So sweet and delicate!

I was nervous that she would freak out in church after having such a long day, but I was able to keep her bribed with yogurt melts.  That kid will do anything for yogurt melts!
She was squirmy, but as soon as we got near the water she calmed down.
Baptism hair

This picture is my dream come true.  I've always dreamed of my husband holding a little girl in a pile of ruffles and lace and to see it in real life made me happier than I could have imagined.  There were so many times when I thought I'd never get to this place, yet here I am.  I am so very thankful and so incredibly blessed.

Lemme get that face
So, um, we're good here, right?  I'm ready to bounce.
Grandma and Grandpa are cool and all, but I'm ret ta go!

This was one of those major adult moments for me.  Most times I feel like I'm bumbling and barely muddling my way through things, but sitting there in church with my family really made me feel like a grown-up and I was completely content.  Church is magic like that - I've never not felt good when I've gone to church and it really makes me wonder why I don't do it more often.  

Then again, maybe Sofia and I will turn over a new leaf.  We've already been back to get our ashes - maybe she and I will go to church like I used to with my dad.  I have great memories of getting dressed on Sunday morning and holding his hand as we walked to church.  He used to give me my own quarter to put in the offering plate and I was so proud to drop my big money in the basket when it passed by.
We're so ashy.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. SO CUTE! That picture of Drew and Sofia melts my heart!!!!! Big puffy heart love! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG - love love LOOOOVE the pic of you breastfeeding her in her baptismal gown. Beautiful!
    Laughing about the poop. ON YOUR FACE. LOL...

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love yogurt melts here too. She looks so pretty, and look at you in your high heels! Great memories and fun pictures. Look how happy grandma and grandpa are!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dress. That baby! Precious! Sorry about the poop!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the captions, lemme get that face. Hee hee. and the way Sofia's trying to shield your boob for modesty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to you, your husband and Sophia on such an important day! It is so great to have that time and thank God for our children. He really has blessed you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You guys look beautiful. What a sweet baptism. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The first picture almost had me in tears, it's so sweet. I love to see moms breastfeeding because it helps me get over my own anxiety.

    Congratulations to you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  9. you took really good pictures!

    That last pick of you and Sofia made me laugh out loud! Her face is priceless

    ReplyDelete

When you leave me a comment, my phone chimes. I run to it from across the house, anxious to read what you've said. I save them in my email and read them multiple times a day, which is why you may not get an immediate response but I promise I eventually respond to every comment that has an email address.

You make me smile - I just thought you should know.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin