Monday, February 20, 2012

Birthday prep: The pictures

I have laundry to do, I need to pick up the house, walk the dog and the baby just went down for her nap so naturally I'm using this time to blog because I can't wait to share these!


We had a really big Saturday:  Drew and my dad did the Dash for the Beads, we had a showing, we had Sofia's baptism and photoshoot and of course it rained all day.  I want to write about it all because it was all really memorable but first!  First!  The photoshoot!


I was so flippin excited about this - I'd been daydreaming about it for the longest time and for it to come to fruition so perfectly was just what I needed to get some wind back in my sails.  


Amy Barry did the shoot - she's totally part of the family now.  She did our wedding, our maternity pictures, our first family pictures (in my header) and now she was doing our baby's pictures for her one year birthday!
I love Amy Barry

I picked up the chair on Friday, got the balloons while we had to leave the house for the showing and changed our plans at the last minute to shoot indoors because of the rain.  Thank goodness for the cool stripes in the breakfast nook!  
Getting the 'studio' ready
The chair was perfect!
Playing stylist to my model

Now, won't you join me for some girly squealing???
.
.
.
.
.
.
eeeeeeeeee!!!
eeeeeeeeeee!!!!!
my sweet girl!
a little over the shoulder action
I die for that face

I am so incredibly grateful to Amy Barry, I'm so happy I met her, I'm so thankful for her amazing work and I can't wait to see the rest of the pictures.  This was only the preview - I have no idea how I'm going to choose the picture that'll go on her birthday invitation if they're all this good!

Thank you Amy Barry! We love you!
Photobucket

17 comments:

  1. They are so awesome! You did such a good job recreating that pinterest pic and putting your own spin on it. The stripes warm it up. She looks adorable. You could put one big pic on the front of the invite and a few collaged on the back. That's how our Christmas card was. Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures are gorgeous! She is so cute and looks very comfortable having her picture taken. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORGEOUS! I love the pictures.

    XO Lourdes

    ReplyDelete
  4. AMAZING! The chair is great and that sweet angel face is soooo precious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the chair, and the photos look fabulous in your breakfast room! I haven't even thought about Inga's birthday yet. Doesn't help that I'll be traveling to Chicago on her birthday so it's going to be a bit mixed up. But I definitely want to do a fun cake.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Desiree, you rock! I'm so happy that this shoot looks so elegant in your home! I'm actually loving the fact that it rained :) I'm so thankful to have you all in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE :) The chair, the backdrop, the beautiful baby - pure awesomeness! Can not wait to see more & what you have up your sleeve for invites & her 1st b-day party! Good job Mama ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH MY GOD!!!!!!!! THOSE PICTURES ARE SO STINKING CUTE! Please do a gallery wall with all different ones. Please. HAHA :) Seriously. I LOVE THEM!!! She's so cute!!!!!!!!!!!! EEK! The backdrops are perfect! Thank goodness it rained! HAHA OMG! Love them!!! Please tell me you climbed in that chair with her and took a photo or two. Please. If you didn't, do it now. K thanks. I think I'm done gushing.

    Oh wait...there's a little more... SHE'S SO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG!! I love the whole theme so pretty :) Your little girl is darling! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're so funny! We did take a couple of pictures as a family but she was getting fussy so I wanted to concentrate on getting the shots with just her. Plus my hair was looking a hot mess from the rain, so I don't even know if those family pics will ever see the light of day! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Stunning!! Love the chair and Sofia is looking so grown up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Omg! I luuuuuuurve these pictures! They are adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. dkjfadkjakdfjdlkfje afirjewrlejwarf OVARY IMPLOSION

    ReplyDelete
  14. O M G, she is gorgeous!!!! You and Drew have thee best gene pool!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I recall those day..enjoy them. They go so fast.

    ReplyDelete

When you leave me a comment, my phone chimes. I run to it from across the house, anxious to read what you've said. I save them in my email and read them multiple times a day, which is why you may not get an immediate response but I promise I eventually respond to every comment that has an email address.

You make me smile - I just thought you should know.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin