Friday, February 22, 2013

Taking a break

Hey y'all.  It's me.  I don't usually go this long without blogging unless I have a reason, although I haven't really kept track.  Have I been gone for longer before?  Without a reason?  Who knows, I don't.  

Anyway, I've tried to come up with something funny and entertaining to write about, but my brain just won't cooperate because I've been fighting the sads lately and nothing funny or entertaining will come out, no matter how hard I try.

I can't write it out here because the reasons for the sads involve people that read this blog and I'm not that far down the rabbit hole that I don't care about them.  When I start calling people out, then you know it's really bad.  It's not really bad.  Not yet.  I'm trying with every ounce of me to keep it from getting really bad and that drains all my funny and entertaining.

So rather than be fake and pretend that things are good when they're not, I'm just going to take a break from blogging.  I'm still writing, because writing is my therapy, I'm just not putting it all out there.  When you put things out there, "get things off your chest", relationships tend to get destroyed in the process.  I know that because I've done it before, and I'm not quite there yet.

But I will say this:  There are other people who read this blog.  Maybe there are other people out there who fight the sads sometimes.  I say this to you:  Get help.  Find someone, anyone and dump that shit out.  Google 'crisis help' or anything with the word 'hotline' in it and make that call.  Keeping things in, putting on a happy face when all you want to do is cry, is very very very VERY unhealthy.  Don't fucking do it.  Pretending to be someone you're not is the first step down the rabbit hole and it's hard as fuck to climb back out.  So don't even take that first step.

I'm getting help.  If you're fighting the sads, you get help too, ok?  The sads won't take us down, we're not going to let it.  Ok?  Let's shake on it.

I'll be back soon, hopefully with something really funny and entertaining.


Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. :( I don't like when you have the sads! Hope everything is ok! I'll miss you in the blog world! And if you need anything, you know I'm here for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you! I'm just emerging from mine ( I think) and hope your time off does you well:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sads suck. Thinking of you and hope all is well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you. Sending you a virtual hug.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll keep you in my thoughts while you're gone...please don't be long. Be well, be strong.

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending hugs and I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for touching base with all of us. Know you are very much loved by your blog sisters!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You don't know me...but I've read your blog for quite some time...and LOVE it!! I miss you and your funny writings!! But I totally understand having a case of the sads-been there and done that myself. While your gone, just know that your missed and we'll be anxiously awaiting your return!! Hugs to you friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish I could give you a hug since I don't know what to say. But please know that I think about you often and look forward to your return!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I get the sads too. I get it. I have struggled with my emotions for a long time. Just know you are appreciated. I love your writing and your stories. You are an inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete

When you leave me a comment, my phone chimes. I run to it from across the house, anxious to read what you've said. I save them in my email and read them multiple times a day, which is why you may not get an immediate response but I promise I eventually respond to every comment that has an email address.

You make me smile - I just thought you should know.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin