Tuesday, November 12, 2013

This one is the OCD post

Good Lord, how has it been two weeks since I've written anything?!  Usually when I'm gone this long, something catastrophic has happened.  This time, I'm happy to report nothing more serious than an extremely clingy toddler and a boring life that's not really blog-worthy.  For once, there's no new sister and no miscarriages.  We've just been living life and I haven't had much to say.  Then one day I was driving, and five or six topics just came to me.  So I'm back!

But we have to catch up first, because I'm OCD and can't move on without covering some stuff.
Pretend it's not November and I'm just now sharing our Halloween pictures.  

Drew went to San Francisco on a work trip and brought back the cutest outfit for Sofia, so of course that had to be her costume.  Since there's an unspoken rule that families have to dress in coordinating costumes, Drew was a ninja and I was a sorta-kinda geisha.  I really just wanted an excuse to buy a pretty robe and put jewels and butterflies in my hair.  Plus, I get to wear my pretty robe in the hospital when New Baby gets here!

I even found her some little canvas shoes to complete her outfit.
We went to a Halloween party at a friend's house and we had a blast.  Personally, I'm cool with not going door to door for a few more years.


Our 2013 family pictures are also in the bag.  We used the same photographer as last year and he was an absolute champion with Sofia and he got some amazing shots with her.  Also, I must note for posterity that I wanted to put Sofia's hair in pigtails and she was adamant about wanting to wear her headband.  You should have seen her on the sofa, in nothing but her diaper and her headband - she actually wanted to wear just that, but in the end she graciously allowed me to put some clothes on her.  This marks the first time she has really voiced an opinion about her clothes and I can't wait to see her little style unfold!  Although I won't lie, I am a little nervous if she goes through a Goth phase or something - I'm practicing my poker face now.


We wanted to combine our family shoot with a maternity shoot, but it was freezing cold that day and Sofia was running around all cracked out, so my visions of a cute maternity shoot didn't happen.  This was literally the last shot he took before we all made a beeline for our car because it was so windy and cold.  I'm 25w3d right now and I'm only just now starting to look pregnant, which was why I was standing all weird.  In that dress you couldn't really tell I was pregnant unless I leaned back, stuck my belly way out and stretched the dress over my bump.  You couldn't even tell I was pregnant in most of the shots he took.  It's all good though - New Baby is most definitely in there, high stepping and punching me all hours of the day and night.  I was a little heavier with Sofia, so when New Baby kicks my belly stretches out, all Alien-looking.  I can't believe we only have three months left!  I am bummed that we won't have a proper maternity shoot like we did with Sofia, but I'll make up for it with a kick-ass newborn shoot, that's for sure.

In particular, I really wanted this shot but I'm here to tell
you that it DOES not work with a cracked-out two year old.
After Sofia tried to back flip off of Drew's shoulders for the second time, we gave up.
I can only hope that we'll get some good shots when New Baby arrives.
I'm hoping for this one, but I'll take what I can get.

Ok, those are the highlights of this past two weeks that don't really have a post of their own, and Sofia just fell asleep so rather than do laundry or anything else productive, I'm going to keep on writing.  Maybe I'll throw the diapers in the wash so I don't feel *as* guilty.  Because I have a few more posts up my sleeve and I'd love to share them with you! 

Stick around!

Photobucket

16 comments:

  1. You have the glow!! Love your Halloween costumes very cute!! & the family pics turned out perfect you looking stunning and so does the fam! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The family and baby bump pictures!!!! LOVE!! I still have your card from last year displayed at the top of my card stack because it was my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look beautiful! I love your costume photo! I adore a group costume.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was actually really looking forward to getting dressed up and I think it's going to be even more fun with Sofia is more aware and can have a say in how she wants to dress up!

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous family shots- wowowowow!! You look wonderful. I snorted at the image of Sophia trying to backflip off of Drew's shoulders- I think B would do something similar :)
    www.davenportdiy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, for whatever reason she was running on warp speed that day! :-)

      Delete
  5. the pics are gooorgeous. Is he your newborn photographer too? If not, I know someone ;) hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, your family pics turned out amazing!! Love the maternity pic too - even if it's the only one you got. I also got ONE pic this time at the end of our family photo shoot. Ah well... *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is hilarious. We had our pics on Sunday, and had an identical situation. We had to peel her off the floor when I dashed her dreams of wearing "princess" shoes and made her wear new uggs that I *thought* she loved. She's also into headbands. It was fricking freezing and windy, and I had emailed 10 Pinterest poses I was dreaming of to the photographer. I think we got to 2 of them, and not even close to the one you posted, which was on my list:) I was the only one willing to tough the cold...maybe i was being punished for the princess shoes. it was total chaos and I'll be surprised if any are usable, but yours give me hope! They are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love you guys' Halloween pics... your family pics are beautiful. You have such a flawless bag of genes, you two!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What is the link to your pinterest board with these pic ideas?
    ...I need to re-pin them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are on my super-secret nursery board, but I made it public now. I was superstitious to be pinning nursery stuff but I've decided to throw caution to the wind! :-)

      Delete
  10. Ooh, where is the robe from? Gorgeous! (Yes, I'm just now catching up on my Reader).

    ReplyDelete

When you leave me a comment, my phone chimes. I run to it from across the house, anxious to read what you've said. I save them in my email and read them multiple times a day, which is why you may not get an immediate response but I promise I eventually respond to every comment that has an email address.

You make me smile - I just thought you should know.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin