Thursday, May 5, 2011

It's Thursday and I have thoughts

Days of the week no longer have meaning for me.  I have only one day of the week now:  Take Care of My Kid-Day, and I love it.  I do have thoughts though!  Play along if you'd like!


  • My Bravado post is up today.  Check it out!  I even have a badge, it's on my sidebar.  Or it will be, as soon as I put it up.
  • Thank you so much to all of you who commented on this post.  You totally lifted my spirits and I feel so much better about things!
  • I hate taking showers.  Not because I like being dirty, but because I have obnoxiously dry skin and if I don't put lotion on every square inch of my body after a shower, my skin feels three sizes too small and horribly itchy.  I no longer have time for lotion, thus I hate showering.  I'm constantly on the lookout for a lotion that's not greasy and is truly moisturizing.  Maybe something in a spray?  Do they even make something like that?
  • Lazy seems to have picked the slack a little bit and I'm not as lopsided as before.
  • I go to my OB next week and I'm really anxious to see how much I weigh.  I want to know if breastfeeding really does help you lose weight.
  • I desperately need a haircut.  
  • What a difference a year makes.  This is where I was on Mother's Day last year:  Part 1 Part 2  
  • God is so good.

15 comments:

  1. Breastfeeding absolutely helped me lose weight. That motor mouth and your ever-ready ta-tas average 500-600 calories a day. Your body is continually working...Sounds like a work out to me! Is there a doctor in the house to confirm? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Palmers makes their cocoa butter in spray form now. I have some and it comes in handy with my dry back and short arms lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful bravado post! well done.

    I am 7weeks 3days pot partum and have 3 more pounds to lose to get to my pre pregnancy weight and 8 more to get to pre TTC weight. Seeing as how I gained over 40 pounds and haven't been very good about getting lots of exercise, and eat a bit like a horse still, it has to be the breast feeding. I was told by a colleague who studies this stuff that breastfeeding uses up 500 calories a day...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I noticed that (for me) I lost more weight breastfeeding with both my boys, than i EVER did with my baby girl. I blame the estrogen. It sucked. I'm still working hard to lose baby weight. ugh. This also may be in part to it being my third.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My stomach is pretty much flat again and I'm back in my non-maternity jeans but I don't own a scale so I have no idea what I weigh. I hope I'm not disappointed when I go to the doctor!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you get any good lotion recommendations, let me know!

    Glad lazy isn't being lazy anymore.

    God is good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eucerin makes a spray lotion. It's pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Aveeno's moisturizing oil lotion. It's not greasy at all. I'm glad Lazy picked up the slack.

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you fit in your pre-preg jeans, who cares what the scale sales. You're definitely looking good. I second Eucerin, however here is the best thing I've ever tried. Coconut oil. It lasts for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great post! I just came across your blog and I fell in love with it! It's spectacular! I love your style! Check out my blog and follow if you like it, I promise to do the same!
    www.fullclosetbutnothingtowear...
    See you soon, kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  11. so happy your boobs are evening out! told you they would :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Mother's Day!!! Hope you get a chance to sit down and enjoy it, even for just a little while! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good ole jojoba oil has worked wonders for my skin from head to toe. Try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great post! I just came across your blog and I fell in love with it! It's spectacular! I love your style! Check out my blog and follow if you like it, I promise to do the same!
    www.fullclosetbutnothingtowear...
    See you soon, kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love Aveeno's moisturizing oil lotion. It's not greasy at all. I'm glad Lazy picked up the slack.

    ReplyDelete

When you leave me a comment, my phone chimes. I run to it from across the house, anxious to read what you've said. I save them in my email and read them multiple times a day, which is why you may not get an immediate response but I promise I eventually respond to every comment that has an email address.

You make me smile - I just thought you should know.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin