Thursday, May 19, 2011

My werewolf baby

Auntie Heather for the win!  


(Incidentally, I always thought FTW meant 'fuck the world.'  I only recently learned what it *really* meant.  Don't know where that came from or why I'm sharing but there you have it.)


Anyway, heat rash it is!  And only because Drew will never shut up unless I say it, he said it was heat rash a week ago.  Gah.  However, not listening to my husband is nothing new and it's not like he listens to me when *I* say stuff so I really don't know why he's surprised.


But who said what a week ago is not important.  What's most important is that my baby is better!  When I read Heather's comment a lightbulb went off and taking off some layers of clothes seemed way easier than any elimination diet - although I will do that if things don't get all the way better.


Of course, it makes sense that I married a werewolf that I might have a werewolf baby.  Remember when we went to San Francisco and I froze my ass off and Drew was in shorts?  Now, that is my house.
This is how I went to bed.
Tank top for easy boob access, cardigan because my arms freeze,
pants because my legs freeze and socks because
my feet freeze.

This is how the baby went to bed.
She *was* swaddled but she kicked it off.
Baby cleavage!!
But more importantly, no redness!

Both Drew and the baby slept nearly naked and I slept fully clothed because the air was turned down to negative Arctic freeze your ass off, but it worked!  All the redness was gone by the next morning!  She's still got the bumps but even those appear to be getting a little better.  I'm going to try what you've said and look into that Aveeno, bathing her in cool water, and breathing deeply and trying not to worry.

Plus, we've graduated!
She's big enough for her cloth diapers!
Sharing the chupie with Daddy

After a particularly fantastic explosion out of her newborn diapers, Drew was like "I think it's time for the cloth."  We put her in them, and Drew spent time with her while I took a nice long shower - I was even able to do my hair!  And I don't know what he did, but she took a nap for over two hours!  Some of it even in her crib!
In her straitjacket, I mean Miracle Blanket
with her legs out so she doesn't get too hot.
Gotta love the front-butt!
Cloth diapers are new to me too, give me a break!

Thank you all so much for your advice and encouragement!  It helped to keep me from worrying and that's exactly what I needed.  You guys are the greatest! 

21 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you've figured it out (and it doesn't mean you have to stop eating everything).

    She is so flippin cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to give the bumps a couple of days to clear up on their own but if not, I'm going to change my diet. Hopefully, that should help her little skin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOORAYYYYYYY!!! Im glad it worked out to be something simple.

    XOXO

    Ro

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! :) So glad you figured it out!

    And the baby cleavage photo might be my new favorite. hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh and I LOVE the cloth diapers! You'll have to give me the scoop on what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nekkid baby cleavge is the bestest! Lol I'm glad the heat rash seems to be all that it is. That's awesome new.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh she is so cute and tiny in her crib! great news on the heat rash, and awesome swaddle btw.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an easy fix. That sounds good. So Drew is thumping his chest a bit that she may like to ride w/cooler temps like him, eh? *lol*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great news. Also try cetaphil wash and lotion. Great on sensitive baby skin. My 7 mo old Drew got heat rash alot at first. He often got it after nursing and me holding him while he slept (he sweats a lot). The dr. gave us hydrocortisone cream and it cleared bumps up
    Sophia is beautiful and love the cloth diapers

    ReplyDelete
  10. YAY :) I am so glad she is doing better & that you are feeling better about her rash! Hopefully with a little "coolness" Miss Sofia's skin will be back to normal!

    I am also loving the "cleavage" pic (of the baby, not you - lol)! So sweet - I just want to eat those cheeks!

    Hugs - HT
    PS: you will get my bill in the mail - lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is good news, so glad it's nothing major. She's so cute, loving all her pictures she looks so cute in the cloth diaper.

    ReplyDelete
  12. YAY for non bumpy baby! And good call on the cloth, my mom used them on me and I never had diaper rash (mom is baiting me with stories so i get married and pop out my baby at 24 lol)

    I'm glad she's ok! Glad you're ok!
    PS YOU LOOK GREAT

    ReplyDelete
  13. I feel like an idiot for not commenting on your rash post - I was born in Texas and the /exact/ same thing happened to me as a baby. My dad insisted on keeping me layered up because "babies get cold" but my mom finally just let me sleep in only a diaper. That took care of both fussiness and the rash. :)

    I second ggrox - you look amazing! I hope I look as good when I have a child. I think my favorite photos are of Drew and Sophia - that's just too sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  14. girl you look great...and the baby is so pretty...glad all is wokring out...she was chillin in those photos. to cute

    ReplyDelete
  15. We bathed our little one in Dove Sensitive to help with those red bumps. I've heard Aveeno is great, but it never worked for us. The only thing with Dove is they don't make a "baby version" that I'm aware of, so you have to be careful to not get soap in her eyes. That baby cleavage is absolutely precious!

    ReplyDelete
  16. :::dies over cuteness::: lol at baby clevage!!! I'm so glad she's cleared up!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yeah for only heat rash! But seriously all of those things look the same. You just gotta try different things to see if any change occurs. You didn't realize becoming a mommy meant you'd have to become a scientist too, did you? hahah

    Glad she's better and I understand what you mean by cold. My husband loves it cool and I'm always cold. So I'm always covering our little ones to make sure they are warm enough, esp. since the air conditioning can get pretty cool at night. Just like you, my daughter (2-1/2) is just like my husband - kicks off the covers because she gets too hot. My 5 year old is more like me. He gets cold easier. Funny how that works out. :)

    Glad all is well, looks like Dad is doing great in his new job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE the pictures!! And "Baby cleavage" was too cute!! What a precious little bundle you have!! Glad the rash is better!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm glad you found the culprit!!! She's so freakin cute.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nekkid baby cleavge is the bestest! Lol I'm glad the heat rash seems to be all that it is. That's awesome new.

    ReplyDelete

When you leave me a comment, my phone chimes. I run to it from across the house, anxious to read what you've said. I save them in my email and read them multiple times a day, which is why you may not get an immediate response but I promise I eventually respond to every comment that has an email address.

You make me smile - I just thought you should know.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin