Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Birthday breakdown: The gifts

Good thing this is the last birthday post because at the rate I'm going, she'll be two before I finish recapping everything!


When we last left the party, I was recounting the decoration drama.  However, everything went well in the end and all that mattered was that Sofia had a good time, which she totally did.  Now, I'm not sure what gift etiquette is at birthday parties, but our friends and family were incredibly generous and Sofia got lots of presents.  Since the majority of the kids were under two, I decided against opening presents while everyone was there because I figured no one would sit still long enough and really, how excited would the parents get over books or clothes or toys?


So, once everyone left, I sat on the floor with the baby and we started opening her gifts.  The absolute hands down best part of it was the gifts that Sofia received from MY blog friends!  I wasn't expecting anything and when packages started arriving from out of state addresses that I recognized, I was floored.  As a mom, all you really want in life is for people to be nice to your kid.  You can call me every name in the book and I won't even blink but look sideways at my baby and it's go-time.
Opening presents from Grandma and Grandpa in New York

Ignore my ridiculous face.
These adorable dresses are from Shunta!
As well as these!
This one too! Sofia is such a lucky girl!
Shunta also got her the cutest bow and shoes because you must always accessorize.
My baby is stylin' thanks to Shunta!
This one is from the thoughtful Miss GG
I don't know if you can see it, but it says
"Star of Mommy's blog."
How awesome is that?!
This is the most awesome girl's birthday card.
It's pretty and pink and glittery and I loved it!
This is from my sweet Carolyn
This is so adorable!
I cannot WAIT until she's big enough to wear this little outfit!
I totally squealed when I saw this little skirt!

A few days later, another package arrived in the mail from Uncle Nate and Auntie Julie.  I was already so humbled by everyone's generosity, I would have been happy with just a card.  When I opened the box, I nearly started crying.
Julie stalked my Pinterest board and had this made.
It's perfect.  Just perfect.

Sofia got tons of other amazing gifts, and more toys than she knows what to do with.  I have two baskets in the living room for her toys that are completely overflowing.  I have no idea what we're going to do as the toys get even bigger.  

I know I said it before, but Sofia's birthday really was a fabulous success.  We had so much fun, having our friends and family celebrate with us was priceless and it was a perfect day.

As to whether or not I'm going to do this again next year, the jury's still out.  

Although I just saw the cutest picture the other day....
I love the blue fabric and the netting with the sea animals is so cute!
Those stands are just candlesticks with plates on top, I could start looking
for candlesticks now, and I bet I could find shells somewhere too...
Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. what cute outfits! and i LOVE the personalized birthday art from her aunt and uncle. so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh so nice!!! love the bib and texas print!!! Yay for birthdays!!!! and presents!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww glad Sofia had a great time. Everything looked fantastic =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s. Sofia, can I borrow that cute chartreuse skirt?!! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where is the outfit from that is after Carolyn's card? I LOVE it and might have to get one for L! That picture is really special...totally thoughtful. I love that you already found 2nd bday ideas:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww so nice! I thought about sending her a gift myself but i didn't wanna seem all stalkery ( no that those who sent gift were being stalkery) I guess im just weird like that. Now I wish i wouldn't have second guessed myself

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pictures don't do it justice - it's the cutest yellow tutu, but not in an annoying way. It's Cherokee brand, so I think it comes from Target?? It's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm such a punk. This post brought me to tears, lol. It's wonderful to have people care about your children. Cute gifts and adorable baby girl. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Disregard the other response - I wasn't looking at the post when I answered and I remembered that Carolyn put the gift receipt in there and it was from Target - duh! :-) So yes, both outfits are Target.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Omg!! I'm soooooo glad you like them! I saw that skirt and almost squealed out loud! Haha and then almost bought one for my non-existent child. I had no idea what size to get and wanted it to be a surprise, so hopefully we don't have to wait too long!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. She is a very loved girl getting all those pretty presents, I especially love the You Are My Sunshine.

    ReplyDelete

When you leave me a comment, my phone chimes. I run to it from across the house, anxious to read what you've said. I save them in my email and read them multiple times a day, which is why you may not get an immediate response but I promise I eventually respond to every comment that has an email address.

You make me smile - I just thought you should know.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin