Thursday, April 5, 2012

Birthday lockdown

I'm not here.  I have officially gone into crazytown panic mode.  I have two full days before the birthday party and about five full days of work to do to get it all done.  So of course I'm writing a blog post.


However, here's what I'll have for ya next week:

  • How I sewed my shirt for the party and how it took twelve thousand hours and how I should have just bought a damn shirt
  • Aaaaaallll the baking I'm doing.  Have done.  Will have done by the time you read about it.  Whatever.  The grammar/space-time continuum confuses me.  PS, if we say con-tin-you-um, why don't we say vac-you-um?  I think I'm going to start saying vac-you-um.  Or con-tin-youm.  One of the two.
  • Lots and lots of birthday pictures!  Amy Barry, of amybarryphotography.com is coming to take pictures and I'm so excited!
  • My religious conundrum regarding Easter.  I did go ahead and get Easter pictures for Sofia but I was conflicted about it.
Once again, this is a picture of a picture because they wanted too much
damn money for a digital file.

My parents and little cousin are due to arrive in the next few hours, my brother is arriving tomorrow night, and we have only one guest bed.  We're going to be sleeping on each other's laps.


Ok, I'm out.  I hope to be back next week but if not, send the cavalry because I may have died from blowing up 180 balloons.  That's not an exaggerated number.  


God help me.


Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. OMG! That Easter pic is so cute! :) And the birthday party is going to go GREAT!!!!! I just know it! :) Please don't die from blowing up balloons. I kind of need you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't stress yourself about this party. That's what I learned. She won't remember it, but you will and you don't wanna remember it being a stressful day. Just enjoy her and everything because she only gets one 1st bday.

    I'd like to hear what you have to say about easter, I wonder if its the same way I feel. ( no easter pics here) Sofia looks supacute in that pic tho.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot believe baby Sofia will soon be one year old.
    One. Year. Old.
    How did that happen?
    I know Sofia's party will be a success...not because of the balloons or the cake...but because she will be surrounded by the folks who love her the most. Happy Birthday, Sofia!

    PS--I have found a cake certain to give you gray hair. Dare you to try this one... http://www.meaningfulmama.com/2012/03/day-84-rainbow-birthday-cake.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know you will do great. And you will make it look easy. Because you are an awesome mom and that's what awesome moms do! Have fun D!

    ReplyDelete

When you leave me a comment, my phone chimes. I run to it from across the house, anxious to read what you've said. I save them in my email and read them multiple times a day, which is why you may not get an immediate response but I promise I eventually respond to every comment that has an email address.

You make me smile - I just thought you should know.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin