Thursday, May 17, 2012

Thoughts on Thursday

Sofia and I are recovering from the plague.  Technically, it's a teething cold but it hit me hard this time.  I felt like I'd been run over by a truck for the past couple of days.  Interestingly, it didn't slow Sofia down in the slightest.  Her little nose was running, she was coughing, but she was steady making messes.  It was totally my fault - she's learned how to give kisses and I can't get enough.  But one too many had me feeling like I was dying.  Sleep deprivation and summer colds don't mix, but can you blame me?

Nevertheless, it's Thursday and I have thoughts!
We have booked our summer vacation and we leave in three short weeks for the beach!  I am thrilled to go on vacation but I'm dreading the flight with the baby.  Gone are the days when she would sleep peacefully in her carseat.  Now, this little person needs to get into Ev.REE.Thing every minute of every day so needless to say I've been scouring Pinterest for stuff to do with toddlers on planes.
I don't know if this will work but I'm willing to try anything.
from here
Since we're going to the beach, I need a new swimsuit.  This is a huge problem.  Since our last vacation to Rio, I have lost more weight and it's not cute.  I have no ass, my stomach looks funny and the only thing that saves me from looking like a boy are my boobs.  Normally, I can hide all these things with clothes.  I can buy jeans that have back pockets that gives the illusion of an ass and I rarely wear midriff tops so my funny-looking stomach stays under wraps.  I can't wear any of my old swimsuits because the tops are too small (thanks nursing boobs) and the bottoms are too big (thanks nursing weight that I lost entirely in my ass.)  Plus, I'm 36 years old - I need to wear an age-appropriate suit that will flatter my non-figure and not be too matronly, except I haven't the first clue where to find such a suit.  I hate swimsuit shopping.
We have had over 50 showings on our house and there have been no promising leads.  This house-selling garbage is for the birds.  If I only had to deal with Drew's travel OR selling the house, I might be able to handle it.  But the two together are getting to be too much.  That's why our vacation can't come soon enough.  We'll have two weeks of not having to worry about keeping the house spotless, because with a baby and a dog, that garbage is also for the birds!
I cannot wait for the season finale of Grey's!  I'm so hooked on that show and I hate that I have to wait until Friday to watch it!  I'm totally going to have to sit on my hands to keep from checking all the gossip sites!

That's all I got!  What's new in your world?

Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. There's no way you're 36. I would've guessed about 30.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can't wait for grey's tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Based on your experience, I keep telling my parents I'd like to cloth diaper if we ever have kids. They look at me like I'm a leper. Please tell me you had this experience, too?

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mom actually did cloth with both us, although she used a diaper service. We wore the old school ones with safety pins and plastic pants!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, how long is your flight? Any layovers? I'm trying to think of any good tips. One tip is to wear them out while you're waiting for the plane. My kids were going up and down on the moving sidewalks, around and around and around. As much as I'm trying to eliminate snacking, it's a free-for-all on the airplane. So I pack a bag full of all sorts of snacks. Some fun things we never otherwise eat, plus lots of healthy things (carrot sticks, apple slices, cucumber slices, celery sticks, cherry tomatoes, etc) so you don't feel totally gross--because let's be honest, you end up eating the snacks too!

    Inga was the easiest to take on my recent flights, so most of my energy was directed towards herding and shushing and giving the evil eye to the older two.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hang in there! I have faith that your house will sell soon. :)

    I'm also very excited about your vacation! In addition to you being able to relax with your family, we'll hopefully get more shirtless pics of Drew, which is way over due. :)

    Hang in there. I wish there was something I could do to make you less stressed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YES!! At the end of Grey's last week, I was almost standing on the couch! I KNEW that plane was going down but thought there wasn't enough time left in the episode. That Shonda Rhimes. We need to discuss after you watch it.

    Tried Chobani strawberry today and loved it just as much as the peach...and good suggestion you gave me on the frozen grapes. We will try it. Do you chop them before you freeze the, or what? Glad the girl is eating some fruit now:o) My mom took L to McDonald's today for the first time (of course, with all the organic food in the fridge) and said she gave her an entire happy meal. Seriously. So, she finally ate meat for my mom. Natch.

    Where is the vacation!?

    And we are actually tossing around the idea of moving...but 50 showings is a nightmare. Are you using a realtor? We might go it alone!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, that was one juicy kiss! :)

    target has these freeze-dried fruit snacks (archer farms brand) that make great guilt-free plane snacks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sofia is just too cute!!!

    I hope you both feel better. And I'm hoping the house sells faster than soon. I kindaHate you because of your weight loss problem... but since I haven't changed my eating habits I need to quit. lol.

    Zoe has an ear infection. Because she is anemic, we had to introduce formula last week. You know I blame that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. lawd she tongue kissed you! no wonder you're sick! lol

    I'm glad you're getting better tho. I've had the most horrid cough for about 2 weeks now. I wish that shat would go away.

    Vacations! I can't wait for mine to ATL next month. I WISH it was 2 weeks but 5 days will have to do.

    That damn Grey's finally left me hanging big time. Now we have to wait until next season to see whats gonna go down.

    ReplyDelete

When you leave me a comment, my phone chimes. I run to it from across the house, anxious to read what you've said. I save them in my email and read them multiple times a day, which is why you may not get an immediate response but I promise I eventually respond to every comment that has an email address.

You make me smile - I just thought you should know.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin