Tuesday, January 29, 2013

The plague: Updated x2

I apologize in advance for all typos and errors you guys.  tyiping one-handed here because i'm holding sofia nonstop.

the plague has descended andstruck my baby.  she's puked five times already and since ive been holding her nonstop, that's a lot of wardrobe changes for us both.  and our white duvet cover.

i can't google norovirus and remedies.  can you help me please? what do i do? i have the pedialyteand gatorade but what else?

theysay the diarhea is coming. lord help us all.

Update:  Okay, so she's in the Ergo and I can type like a regular person.  She's so sick and pitiful you guys!  She was sitting on my lap this morning at breakfast, facing me and out of nowhere, she did that half-heaving thing and vomited all. over. us both.  Poor thing, she looked terrified because she had no idea what was happening.  I just kept saying "it's okay baby" because I didn't want to scare her.

So the second time she puked she looked up at me with her huge eyes and was like "It's okay baby?"  Broke my heart.

It's rough being by yourself with a sick kid.  She was steady puking so I couldn't really leave the house and of course we have none of the stuff to help.  No juice, no soda, nothing.  Major thanks for the coconut water suggestion - I don't like the idea of gatorade or juice but I hate the idea of my puking baby more.

When she started puking bile I had no choice but to take her out to the store to get something.  I couldn't imagine how much it burned her little throat to have nothing in her belly and have all that acid coming up.

We raced through the store, but we didn't make it out puke-free.  I have a growing pile of puke laundry.

Sofia has never been sick like this and I'm placing my order for her plastic bubble post-haste.  BPA-free plastic, of course.

But for real, this sick kid business is the worst.  The worst thing is, she most likely got it from the doctor's office!  How's that for some nonsense!  I took her yesterday because she had a cold when we were on vacation and I wanted to get a clean bill of health - ha frickin HA - before I sent her back to school on Thursday.  I called them today and they were like Yeah she probably got a GI bug when she was here.  I was like, the HELL?  That's a thing?  Getting sick at the doctor's office?  That quickly and that violently?  Good LORD.

Anyway, we're still trying to keep stuff down, and we're just going to duck and cover and ride this shit out.

I'm praying to Jesus it doesn't hit me next.

Update x2:  She just puked in the Ergo.  It's between my boobs.  I just.....


Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. OH NO!!! :( Get well soon Sofia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think there is anything you can do while she is actively puking, but once that subsides I believe you just stick to rice, bananas, crackers and bread. A little at a time until she can keep stuff down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have the same plague: vomiting followed by diarrhea. Someone in the house has been puking since Saturday morning. I got it yesterday. We have a liberal juice policy when we're sick, otherwise we never drink it. So the kids look forward to being sick if only for the juice they get to drink :) Expect that Sofia won't each much for about a day. By the next day everyone was more chipper and eating and drinking more like normal (the diarrhea lasted longer, unfortunately).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was able keep clear Pedialyte in her and she was a little more energetic before bed so I'm hoping this is a 24 hour thing.

      Delete
  4. The little kiddo has it here also. Fun times..nothing like getting puked on over and over again.

    Just a consideration, I have been giving him coconut water. Little healthier then the pedialyte and way better then the sugar ridden gator-aide.

    This too will pass.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Only a mama can be puked on and say, "poor baby." We are a sprecial breed. I hope she feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! I didn't even blink when she puked on me. I remember when I used to get grossed out by runny noses on other kids. Now I wipe her nose with my shirt and don't think twice. Gotta love it!

      Delete
  6. Wish I told you earlier, but the squeezable food has been great for the kiddo. 3 days of puke and now it's time to see how many cloth diapers we can go through. The diarrhea means the end is in sight. I even put him on potty twice.
    Back to food, Plum Organics or Earth's best. This is the one thing he would eat. FYI. Get fruit ones only. Take it from me spinach and pears look gross the 2nd time around. I also gave the kiddo Good Belly Probiotic drink.
    Sorry to bug( pun intended) but I'm on day 5 of this. Some days kiddo would only take little sips of drinks. He would suck down a little food and mommy here felt so much better.
    Hope she gets better quickly. I hope I do not get it. I had it in November.

    Wish you well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooohh, probiotics! Something else I didn't think of! I'm totally getting some tomorrow.

      We have lots of pouches and she stopped vomiting around 4 so I'm hoping we'll be able to get back on solids tomorrow.

      Delete
  7. Okay, so this is kind of funny to me because we are in such similar places in life! My son had some diarrhea yesterday but neither my husband nor I really took notice of it. Then today after going on a run, my son was in my arms trying to get Neenee (nursies), and he suddenly cried and and then vomited. He vomited everything in his tummy, I'm positive. So it was all over both of us, but I was like, It's okay, we'll rinse off in the kitchen sink and then go take a bath! So we do that and I'm in the bath about to post to a Facebook group I'm in that I think my son is allergic to eggs (because him having a stomach virus HAS NOT EVEN OCCURRED TO ME) and my son farts which made bubbles in the water and I laughed and THEN SAW THINGS STARTING TO FLOAT UP. I couldn't believe it. I was not sitting in diarrhea water. Fortunately, he was able to keep breastmilk down so I'm not too worried. But damn. I got puked on and then ended up in a diarrhea bath.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish I could edit my comment. The second to last line should say "now sitting in diarrhea water."

      Delete
    2. I'm laughing with you girl! She pooped in the shower with me once, but I don't even know what I would do with diarrhea water!

      Which reminds me, I really need to bathe. I smell like vomit.

      Delete
  8. Thinking of you and sending lots of love!

    ReplyDelete
  9. God bless you! I hope she is getting better now, I'm super late catching up on reading.

    ReplyDelete

When you leave me a comment, my phone chimes. I run to it from across the house, anxious to read what you've said. I save them in my email and read them multiple times a day, which is why you may not get an immediate response but I promise I eventually respond to every comment that has an email address.

You make me smile - I just thought you should know.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin