Monday, September 10, 2012

Honey, I'm home!

You guys!  I'm in my house!  I'm in my house!  Wait, isn't that a song?  Hang on...  Holy shit, it IS!  I love that!  

Anyway y'all!  We are home and what a whirlwind this has been!  The movers came on Thursday and I was never happier to see that big giant truck with all my STUFF!

They started bringing in the boxes.  And they brought in  more boxes.  And more after that and I started to wonder how in the world we had that much stuff, and where in the world it was all going to go!  It seemed like every other box got sent to the basement because there was no room upstairs.  But we rocked it out!
Sofia got strapped in the Ergo and we both directed the movers.
Bless her heart, she had to take her nap on the back patio because her room wasn't set up.
She's such a champ.

The day was super hectic and the house felt tinier by the minute but soon enough it was packed to the brim with all of our boxes.
Hopefully that's everything!
My poor hubby - his precious Big Green Egg didn't survive the trip unscathed.
Thank goodness the moving company will replace it - gotta love those full-coverage policies!

Thanks to my OCD detail-oriented husband, the majority of the boxes are gone and the basement is crazy organized.  I'm going to do a video tour later this week JUST to show you the basement because I'm so impressed.  I left for a couple of hours on Friday when they were unpacking everything and by the time I came back, everything had a place.  Thank God for Drew, because you know my ass would have thrown those boxes down the stairs, shut off the light, closed the door and promptly forgot about it all!  The only reason I don't have a video tour now is because he has been a proper drill sergeant about getting everything unpacked and put away as best as possible.
It is strictly and solely because of Drew that this has even happened.  If it were up to me, all that crap would be in a pile right where the movers left it.

But because of my awesome hubs, things are sorta kinda put away and my mom came yesterday to help with the baby while I get things sorted even more.  They've been having a blast and it has been a godsend to have her here.  I'm totally scrambling to get everything done while she's here because I know it'll take ten times longer once she's gone.  Plus, she does fun stuff with the baby.
She's already schooling Sofia on the merits of keeping your hair did.

Putting my baby to bed in her crib in her room in our house was the best feeling in the world.  As I laid her down, I felt so much peace and contentment and I felt my shoulders releasing all kinds of tension.  Until I thought the movers had lost her canvas.  The Canvas.  They had unpacked all the baby's things, including her decorations and The Canvas wasn't there.  I was sick to my stomach and immediately went to Facebook to, ahem, vent.

The Canvas is the most prized decoration I have for her room.  It meant so much to me and when I thought it was gone, well, I may have gone a little crazy.  But then I started opening boxes and finally found it in a box marked 'kitchen' of all things.  I thought all the clothes in her dresser were gone too because I thought they'd emptied all of our dressers.  I didn't know that they'd just emptied mine and Drew's.  They left her clothes in her dresser and because the drawers weren't full, they stuffed them with paper.  I was so distraught over The Canvas I didn't even think to push aside the paper in the drawers until later tonight when I was putting away the clothes we had at the apartment.  I felt SO SHEEPISH!  Talk about egg on my face!

But all that matters is that my baby has all her stuff, we're in our house and we've already done some decorating!

Which I have to show you tomorrow, because I just looked through the pictures I have and they are terrible!  Even by my standards!  So I promise cross my heart I'll have a video post for you with all the details.  But I hear the baby right now, so I have to run.  

I'm in my house!

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGeuX-W0XrY

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!!!!!!! You're in your house!!!!!!! LOL I love your video. So CUTE! Good work to the hubs for throwing the boxes outside. I never would have thought of that. HAHAHAHA Jake would kill for a green egg. I won't tell him you guys have one, so then he'll still like you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the grandma-granddaughter curlers! Enjoy your new home :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whey! I am glad you found her things!!!! Congratulations that you guys are now HOME!!! How is PA treating yaw?

    Loved the pics- especially that of Granma and Sofia. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete

When you leave me a comment, my phone chimes. I run to it from across the house, anxious to read what you've said. I save them in my email and read them multiple times a day, which is why you may not get an immediate response but I promise I eventually respond to every comment that has an email address.

You make me smile - I just thought you should know.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin