Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Downtown Sonoma, Petaluma too

We arrived in downtown Sonoma in the early afternoon.  We'd had lunch at the Dry Creek General Store so I wasn't particularly starving but I did want to see what downtown Sonoma had to offer.
It's a cute little spot!
A mural we found
My turn

We were going to have dinner at The Girl and the Fig even though Abby recommended it as a brunch place, but honestly neither of us was really feeling the menu.  Besides, their prices were a little steep for us to go in and not be excited about the food.  So we walked around a bit more, stopping at the Lisa Kristine gallery.  I'd never heard of her, but her photos are amazing!  Breathtaking!  Expensive!  I tried to take pictures in the gallery but the glare killed so many of my pictures, but you get the idea.  I would love to see what she's seen!  I was drooling.




Apparently, she uses no filter or any photo enhancement programs which I find amazing.  There was one of a blue door where the color practically jumped out at you but I couldn't get a good shot because of the glare.


We also went to the thrift store that was in the square and it was so much better than any I've been to!  I wanted to buy what I saw but settled for taking pictures.
Cool quatrefoil plate
Awesome Central American carvings - Aztec?  Mayan?
Who knows?
Another one

As always, I'm ruled by my stomach and we decided to eat back in Petaluma, closer to the hotel.  At the suggestion of the front desk we went to Risibisi in downtown Petaluma.  My camera died and the lighting was really low so I couldn't take pictures with my phone.  But trust me when I tell you that place was to die for!!!  Drew had gnocchi again and I had the most heavenly pasta carbonara.  The pasta was fresh and housemade, which meant I was stuffed after eating barely half the plate.  I was near tears that I couldn't take it home, tears I tell you!

It was a very full day and we headed to bed, gearing up to do it all again the next morning!

2 comments:

  1. Ah I LOVE Risibisi! The Girl and the Fig can definitely be hit or miss at dinnertime but I'm glad your concierge directed you to Risibisi. Oh and I just adore Lisa Kristine's photos! Loving these posts!

    -Abby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow why is that signed in under the name "Preston"?! Ignore that, must be an old link from years ago on blogspot :)

    -Abby

    ReplyDelete

When you leave me a comment, my phone chimes. I run to it from across the house, anxious to read what you've said. I save them in my email and read them multiple times a day, which is why you may not get an immediate response but I promise I eventually respond to every comment that has an email address.

You make me smile - I just thought you should know.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin