Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy Birthday Hubs!

Today is Drew's birthday!  So far it's been a pretty good day for the Hubs.  We went to breakfast this morning and as a birthday present to himself, he hired some guys to mow the lawn and clean the gutters.  Seriously, this was a great present and he was super excited not to have to pick up dog poop from the backyard!  Additionally, he got to go to the gym which is major as he hasn't been in ages and that's been something he's been dying to get back into.  I know it's been hard for him between traveling and us having one car but he's been a champ and hasn't complained - too much.  Today.  So for the upcoming year, the Birthday Fairy may just wave her magic checkbook wand and get him a gym membership.  But in the meantime,  a birthday video for you!


Happy Birthday Baby!
Drew's birthday 2010 from Desiree on Vimeo.

I got him a Twist n Sparkle - Drew loves fizzy water but I refuse to buy sugary sodas and I give him the serious side-eye when he buys his Diet Cokes from the gas station.  Recently, I've conceded a little and we've purchased the flavored waters but they're kind of expensive so this little guy is the perfect compromise.  You put the CO2 cartridge and twist and it carbonates whatever you've got in there for an instant fizzy drink.  It works with alcohol as well as plain water and it didn't cost an arm and a leg!  I was so proud of myself when I found it because he'd been wanting a fizzy-water maker for the longest.  


Oh, and the jumping up and down:  Drew has a history of being underwhelmed by gifts.  It's not that he's ungrateful, it's just that he's not an overly emotional guy - except when he's mad, go figure.  I was so proud of my gift and I told him he better jump up an down when he opened it because half the fun of giving gifts is seeing the recipient's reaction when they open it.  He was not going to deny me!  And he very enthusiastically complied - but not before he guessed what the other gift was, but one out of two isn't bad.  We've got a while to perfect the gift-opening!

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw - I didn't know Drew was a New Year's Eve baby!? That is awesome! Your hubby is too cute in that video & so is Miss Maya :)

    Wishing you both many blessings & nothing but the best in the New Year! So thankful to have met such a dear friend in 2010 ;) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What did you get him? i didn't catch what he said it was, hilarious reaction.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWW! :) Happy birthday Drew!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated Drew!
    What a thoughtful gift.

    on another note: this might be a weird thing, but do you ever "hear" how people might sound in your head when you read things? I totally heard you with more of an alto-esque voice...lol. You have a beautiful voice, don't get me wrong, lol! It was a bit of a "wow, my "Desiree voice" was totally off! LOL

    ReplyDelete

When you leave me a comment, my phone chimes. I run to it from across the house, anxious to read what you've said. I save them in my email and read them multiple times a day, which is why you may not get an immediate response but I promise I eventually respond to every comment that has an email address.

You make me smile - I just thought you should know.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin