Thursday, April 28, 2011

Just call me Carrie Bradshaw

I have exciting news!

A few months ago, my dear friend Gem sent me an email about a post she'd seen on Facebook.  It was an all-call looking for first-time moms of color who intended to breastfeed with babies due in the Spring.  I was like "Hey that's me!"  They wanted moms to blog about their experiences with breastfeeding and they would pay them!  In real money!

I emailed the lady and sent her the link to my blog, figuring I had nothing to lose.  I was about to go on maternity leave and any extra money would be much appreciated.  Amazingly enough, they chose me!!
I'm legit!

Check it - my first post is up today!  It's a lot harder than I thought it would be for two reasons:  One, I can't curse!  It's all family-friendly over there so I must keep it buttoned up for the kiddies.  Waaay harder than it looks.  Two, I have to keep it short and y'all know how I like to ramble.  But what a fantastic opportunity!  I'm so excited to have been chosen and my posts will go up once a week over there.  If you're interested, go check it out!  Of course, I'll still be here - you'll have to pry this blog from my cold dead fingers.

And this part should be fun:  they want me to promote my posts and things on.....wait for it......

Facebook.  And Twitter.

You KNOW how I feel about that nonsense.  But, I'm getting paid so you best believe I'm going to update the hell out of my status and Tweet the shit out of my posts.  Mmmm, eating my words tastes so good! 

Watch this:  Follow me on Twitter!  @yogagirl247

Oooh, I feel so dirty!  Pimpin myself out like that - I feel like I'm walking on the wild side!

Okay but for real though - I'm a writer now.  This is serious business.  Stiff upper lip, profound musings, deep contemplation on the state of the universe, all that.

Plus I get to talk about my boobs.  

16 comments:

  1. You crack me up. Go girl! Flaunt your musings on those milk making ta tas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for you! I'm having a lot of problems with breastfeeding since Mariah was born pre-term and had jaundice. Sigh... I need to start attending the local support group next week and seek another lactation consultation...sigh. It really isn't easy. This is one major frustration. In the meantime, I can't wait to check out your upcoming blog posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMAZING!!! I am so there! Congrats, Milk makin' mama!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Latoya - Breastfeeding is definitely not as easy as it looks and I'm sorry that you're having difficulties. There are definitely lots of resources out there and all lactation consultants are not created equal so if one isn't working, find another one! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBS!! Yes. Awesome! I can play Charlotte.. I have a shitload of A-line dresses in conservative prints!!

    Random

    CONGRATULATIONS!

    Following you via @randomroro
    RO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hurray for you! Getting paid to write about your experiences should be a very eye-opening and exciting experience. I will have to check out your posts weekly.

    I think the only hard thing for a new mom will be just finding time to blog about it consistently, but if it's just short and sweet - shouldn't be too hard :)

    Congrats on the new (paying) gig! And we look forward to more boobie/baby posts ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. *cabbage-patching*

    Gem

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the writing gig! And I just started following you on Twitter. (I'm jenniferleahc on there!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, I think it's fantastic that you're getting paid to write about breastfeeding. If only I got paid to blog...sigh...what a dream that would be.

    I read your older post about FB and Twitter and completely agree. I have accounts on both of those, but simply use them to feed my blog posts for people who use those platforms more than blogger. I don't put any new or different content up on FB or Twitter. I barely have enough time to blog and don't see how I could keep up with anything else.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! I think you're going to do great. Who doesn't like to talk about boobs?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! So proud of you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like fun. No need to feel guilty, I suspect when financial reward is offered, many will rethink their former principles too, including me, lol! Also, babies are pricey!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. yay! i saw this gig too, but i was already 9 months into it ;) and that extra income that is perfect for being on maternity leave!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You crack me up. Go girl! Flaunt your musings on those milk making ta tas.

    ReplyDelete

When you leave me a comment, my phone chimes. I run to it from across the house, anxious to read what you've said. I save them in my email and read them multiple times a day, which is why you may not get an immediate response but I promise I eventually respond to every comment that has an email address.

You make me smile - I just thought you should know.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin