Friday, August 5, 2011

They giveth, and they taketh away

I'm talking about my boobs.  It's only fitting because it's World Breastfeeding Week, where women all over the world celebrate their boobies.  Me, I can't stop looking at my baby's chunky thighs and her roly-poly arms and say Way to go, ME!  *I* did that!
Such a skinny little mouse
Look at them THICK thighs!

I'm so thankful that I'm able to breastfeed and that with a couple of lactation consultant visits, we got the kinks ironed out.  It's the most common misconception, that breastfeeding is easy.  It's most definitely not and I know I wouldn't have been able to make it through without help and support.

Besides, breastfeeding giveth!

Thanks to my boobies, I got a serious case of the skinnies.  I'm thinner now than I was before I got pregnant.  I haven't been this skinny in years and it's ah-mah-zing!  Yesterday I put on a pair of shorts that were baggy and that's not acceptable.  I already have a pathetic wardrobe - it's way worse when your pathetic wardrobe hangs off of you.  That's when you know you need an intervention.  Or a shopping spree.  So I ditched those shorts and went in search of my Holy Grail Jeans.  We all have them - that one pair you can't get rid of because you just KNOW you'll fit into them.  One day.

Yesterday was that day, y'all!  I pulled them out, blew the dust off of them and slid them right on!  No pulling, tugging, swearing, nothing!  It was beautiful and I kissed Sofia for a good five minutes and danced around and sang and looked like a fool.  A fool in skinny jeans!
They even make my non-existent ass look good!

Because oh yes, breastfeeding taketh away.

I stopped teaching yoga when I was about six months pregnant.  I also stopped going at that time.  I stopped doing everything that required any extra movement beyond going to the bathroom.  I haven't stepped foot in a yoga studio since and I feel it and look it.  I may be skinny but I have zero muscle tone.  ZERO.  And you know what's nothing but a big ol' muscle?

MY ASS.

I have lost my ass.  It's gone.  There's nothing back there but flab.  I wish I could wear my Holy Grail Jeans all day every day because when I take them off, what little ass I have stays in the jeans and it's so very sad.  It's so flat and flabby and depressing.  I used to have the cutest, perkiest little booty and it's all gone now.  I have a Mom Ass.
The saddest part is where the bottom of my ass just fades into the tops of my legs.
These are not Holy Grail Jeans.

Remember when I said I was looking for my abs?  Yeah, add my ass to the list.

16 comments:

  1. Oh you look fine!!!! Fine i say!!!!!! You have a fat baby and you have a figure to die for? And soon yoga will start whispering to you and then boom! Yoga booty again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for fitting in your skinny jeans! :) And I see an ass there. I do. No lie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forget the question mark YOU HAVE A FIGURE TO DIE FOR!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol, yeah, if you squint and zoom in with a magnifying glass! :-)

    PS, they said your gift shipped a couple days ago... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so lucky. 11 months of nursing for me and didn't really do a damned thing (except give my baby extremely adorable thighs ;) )--which, was ...well, plenty enough in my book ;) Weight watchers helped with the rest plus a ton. You look awesome. So jealous. ;) haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahahah! Nice! Who needs an ass- I got jipped too.. no booty for me.. Le Sigh!

    xoxoxz

    Ro

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did not just say your ass fades into oblivion! LOL

    At least you have some booty. I've got nathin. (<-- Yeah, it's spelled like that on purpose.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your body looks AWESOME! No ass and all! lol. I wanted to breastfeed Jas but because of health issues I was only able to do it for 2 days. Sucks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh man, I am so jealous. I can't stop my sweet tooth so I still weigh 5 pounds extra... and I never even had an ass to lose.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd trade my mom ass for your mom ass. After my first baby I went back to post baby "normal". After my second "huge" baby, I went back to PRE-Marriage weight! For reals. After my third... I gained weight. She was my smallest baby, and all the weight I gained, I kept. for the love of all that is holy. I have been trying to lose it and it just will NOT come off. That's WITH breastfeeding. ugh. So yes. I'm insanely in love with your mom ass. and wish I had mine back. :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. My baby is healthy and my wife is HOT!!! I am one lucky man...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha....you make her grow high five! Your ass is fine...I have none myself so join the club hehe

    ReplyDelete
  13. *angels singing* HALLLL-LeLuyah, HALLLL-LeLuyah, Halleluyah, Halleluyah, Hal-lay-ay-lu-yah.

    LOL. There is hope for me yet!!! Go you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look FABULOUS!!! You have more ass than I have and I have zero kids. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. you look amazing and sound even better

    ReplyDelete
  16. Skinny Minney!

    ReplyDelete

When you leave me a comment, my phone chimes. I run to it from across the house, anxious to read what you've said. I save them in my email and read them multiple times a day, which is why you may not get an immediate response but I promise I eventually respond to every comment that has an email address.

You make me smile - I just thought you should know.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin