Thursday, October 6, 2011

Just keep livin'

My parents are in town for the weekend and I'm so excited, I just can't hide it.  My dad is verry set in his ways and isn't that fond of traveling anymore, but my magical baby can draw him from his comfy home.  It's so good to see them and I'm going to soak them up and the baby is going to have some Grandma and Grandpa time!


Because they're here, Drew and I are going to a real-live grown-up dinner Saturday night for our wedding anniversary.  We made it two years!  Seriously, I can't believe it because the first year was so freakin HARD.  So many MANY times I wasn't sure we were going to make it.  But we did and we are celebrating 24 months of survival, I mean, wedded bliss.  We've got nowhere to go but up, people!


So, I'm going to take these next few days and just live.  I'm going to be in the moment, not take pictures of the moment, not try to remember the moment in fun and witty ways for blog content later, I'm going to just be.  And I'm really excited about that.


Have a wonderful weekend and I'll see you soon!

12 comments:

  1. What is it about that first year?! Ugh, I feel you on that one...

    Happy Anniversary in advance and hope you enjoy your grown-up dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!!! I am so happy for you both have worked hard for your family and have come along way navigating through this things called life. I pray God blesses your union with many more years and all th ehappiness your heart can hold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful sentiment!:-) Thank you so much!!

    Please excuse the brevity, sent from my phone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!! Enjoy an anniversary full of love and fun . . . you both have earned it and deserve it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your time with the family, girl! You deserve it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy your parents' visit and your night out! Congrats on making it two years. Pretty soon it will be five and then ten and then you'll be an old married person like me--just hit our 13th anniversary in August :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY! Happy anniversary!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are you home? Can't wait to see pictures from Hawaii!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you had a great time with the 'rents! I love that we're doing everything together - our second anniversary is next month. :)

    Congrats on two years - marriage is some heavy stuff. But it's worth it. Especially when your husband is a blond haired, blue eyed DILF named Drew. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Anniversary to you guys and have a good time with the parents!

    ReplyDelete

When you leave me a comment, my phone chimes. I run to it from across the house, anxious to read what you've said. I save them in my email and read them multiple times a day, which is why you may not get an immediate response but I promise I eventually respond to every comment that has an email address.

You make me smile - I just thought you should know.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin