Monday, January 26, 2009

In and out of my head

* There is nothing more I dislike in the world than being cold. I don't like shivering, my hands aching, my feet going numb, and the nose running! Argh, the nose running! It's very cold here today - I'm not pleased.

* Slowly but surely I'm getting on the frugal bus. I'm researching cost-saving ideas from everything to food and cars to vacations and clothes. I know I'm late to the party, but I'm here now and that's all that matters.

* Drew submitted an offer on a house yesterday evening. It's a townhouse in the city so I'm still ok but I'm reeeeally scared.

* I did a yoga DVD photo shoot as a favor to my yoga instructor and I'm beyond sore today. A yoga class and shooting for a DVD are worlds apart. I'm out of shape.

* Thus, the weight-loss plan for this year is not going as smoothly as I'd hoped. It's very difficult to get motivated and we ordered pizza last night. It was so good and I felt not ONE OUNCE of guilt for scarfing it down!

* I don't understand why people I barely knew in middle school are sending me friend requests on Facebook. Then again, I accept them for the same reason I'm sure everyone else does - to look at your pictures and see if you got fat.

* We had date night Friday night and it was so romantic and sweet!

* I wish I knew why my posts don't show up on other pages. It says I updated a week ago and that's just not true.

* I got my hair cut on Saturday and it was a new guy. He listened to my desire to stay curly and and wean myself from heat-styling. He was all for it and cut my hair so it would look good curly and then he blew it out! Said it would just be fuzzy so we might as well... I didn't stand up for myself and I miss my curls.

* I'm washing my hair tonight to bring my curls back and get the hairspray out from the photo shoot.

* I'm thinking of getting back into modeling - I think I could play a Banana Republic girlfriend.

* Not talking to my dad is bothering me.

* I want a job that is secure, pays well and gives me a flexible schedule. The internet says that nursing is that job - but I don't like stinky people.

* Is House on tonight?

* I wonder what we're having for dinner.

* Drew is starting to talk like Milton and I don't know how I feel about that.

* I miss my best friend and my baby cousins. They're growing so fast and I feel like I'm missing it.

* I'm going to bed early tonight and I'm excited about it!

2 comments:

  1. Aaah I hate HATE being cold! I'm always the coldest person in the room.

    Ooh, townhouse huh? Keep us posted!

    Yoga shoot: You're more in shape than I am! I'm absolutely sure I would have died right there on the floor after about 5 minutes.

    Why aren't you talking to your dad?

    My friend is a nurse and hates it (but that's mainly because she has to work nights right now).

    ReplyDelete
  2. G: The not talking to my dad drama has been going on for almost a year (June) and it's suuuch a long story. He's super traditional in his beliefs, I'm not and we're both hard-headed. Not the greatest combo for open communication. :-(

    I think I'm going to see about getting into pharma sales. Milton used to do it and he says it's great. We'll see!

    ReplyDelete

When you leave me a comment, my phone chimes. I run to it from across the house, anxious to read what you've said. I save them in my email and read them multiple times a day, which is why you may not get an immediate response but I promise I eventually respond to every comment that has an email address.

You make me smile - I just thought you should know.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin