Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Wow. Wow. Wow.

I just watched the inauguration and it was amazing! No doubt, Barack Obama is one incredibly gifted speaker. I got such goosebumps just listening to him! I so sincerely hope that he will be given the freedom to do all the things he wants to do, that he won't be hampered by bureaucracy. Listening to him, I felt so patriotic and fired up, like the light at the end of the tunnel is just beginning to shine.

I do not claim to follow politics - I tuned in to this election just like everyone else, watching to see what would happen. Now that he's officially President, I'm filled with so much hope for this upcoming year and for his presidency. He knows how to get people fired up! I was sitting at my desk, here in the lobby and I felt like he was my/our coach, about to send us out to the biggest game of the season. All the great sports movies flashed through my mind and I felt the adrenaline, knowing that we're on the verge of something great.

However, I know the Presidency is bigger than just the one man and he can't change the world singlehandedly. Plus, he's such a smooth talker I found myself praying that he uses his powers for good and not evil; he could lead us down the path of destruction and be so smooth about it we wouldn't even know until it was too late.

But for now, for today, that was an amazing experience and I'm thankful I got to witness it. WOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment

When you leave me a comment, my phone chimes. I run to it from across the house, anxious to read what you've said. I save them in my email and read them multiple times a day, which is why you may not get an immediate response but I promise I eventually respond to every comment that has an email address.

You make me smile - I just thought you should know.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin