Thursday, November 19, 2009

Hydralicious: Not awesome

I've worn my hair natural since January and I'm really happy with it.  I've scoured websites and blogs and have finally figured out what to do with my hair and it's longer than it's ever been and I'm loving it!


Ignore my Shakespeare impression and notice the length of the curly hair.  I was at Drew's conference and I was playing with one of his models.


That's the product he was telling the doctors about at the conference.  We'd gone for dinner and wine.  Lots of wine.

ANYWAY, I like to try new conditioners and so far I've been quite lucky with the shedding.  I don't comb my hair every day - you can't with curly hair unless you want a giant frizz ball.  I only comb it in the shower when it's soaking wet and filled with conditioner.  Yes, I'm the hair-on-the-shower-wall girl because if I let all that hair go down the drain Drew would kill me.  When we first started dating and he saw my shower routine, he was flabbergasted.  Bless his heart, he didn't know about Brown girls and their curly hair - he has since gotten quite educated.  He was the first person to hear about every little thing I learned, like it or not.  I'm so glad Kesha is natural now and I'm sure Drew is glad too - I no longer make him want to poke his eyes out when I gush over new products.

Dude, I am so ADD right now!  I'm talking about conditioners and I'm just all over the place talking about his conference and shower routines.  Back on topic!


BOO HISS!!!!

I generally like Herbal Essence conditioners and this is the new brand so I thought I'd give it a go.  The first time was okay - I had a little bit more shedding than usual but I attributed it to going a long time between washings.  I washed my hair last night after yoga and was shocked, shocked I tell you, at the amount of hair that was coming out!  I half expected some bald spots!  I'll refrain from showing you the hair ball.....no I won't.

Again, I apologize for being an amateur and not taking the hairball out of the trash and holding it in my hand for a more acceptable blog photo.  Maybe I'll go home tonight, take another picture and fix it tomorrow.  Maybe I won't - I believe in truth and authenticity and sometimes the truth is dirty!  DIRTY! 

Although there isn't anything too terribly bad in the garbage.  I don't think.  Anyway, that hairball was HUGE!  Obscene!  Scary!  I'm honestly surprised I still have hair.

The moral of this story is:  Hydralicious.  No bueno.  Nevah again.  Going in the trash right next to the hairball from Hell.

4 comments:

  1. I use Nature's Gate conditioner in Lemongrass and Clary Sage. It's a little expensive but it's so worth it. The smell is HEAVENLY and it's so creamy and all natural and just bawse.

    I'm in a style rut though, I can't seem to show all the length I have (could be due to Houston's stank-ass climate)...mostly I feel I should be doing something different at night...I dunno. What do you do at night? Braid? How many? Pin it up?

    -Gem

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, night is horrible for me! Day Two hair is my best - I find that if I wash and style my hair at night, it is SOAKING wet and so uncomfortable to sleep because the pillow gets soaked. It's not dry by morning so I have to go to work with damp hair, which isn't good to set the curl as you know.

    So I usually do it in the morning - which means I have to get up earlier (boo!!) and go to work with damp hair but at least it can dry during the day undisturbed, which leads to awesome day two hair.

    At night, I usually pile it on top and put it in a loose bun. I was just putting it in a high ponytail on the very top of my head but hair is so long now that it doesn't really work.

    My hair does NOT like braids. I tried a braid-out and ended up with so many knots and snarls AND my hair never really dried that I gave that up! I just wash and go and twirl/doodle it like on Teri's site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you tried HE's Totally Twisted?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. Do you have pictures of the tattoo? I'm so so so sorry about your loss.

    It is NOT fun at all...and I will always remember that precious one.

    I'll be sure to start keeping up with your blog, also. Thank you for your kind words.

    ReplyDelete

When you leave me a comment, my phone chimes. I run to it from across the house, anxious to read what you've said. I save them in my email and read them multiple times a day, which is why you may not get an immediate response but I promise I eventually respond to every comment that has an email address.

You make me smile - I just thought you should know.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin