Monday, November 9, 2009

The Jolly Trolley

Saturday we went to a birthday party for our friend and neighbor David.  His partner Nic arranged everything for the party and it was so much fun.  It was my first social outing since The Great Shitty Event and I was kind of nervous.  I've done really well at keeping it together - Halloween wasn't easy but I sat out there handing out candy with one hand, a cocktail in the other.  It was the only way I got through the night - the little babies in their adorable costumes just about did me in.  All the princesses and fairies didn't help either.  To add insult to injury, apparently our neighborhood is the 'it' neighborhood for trick or treating and kids were everywhere!  It was almost like an assembly line at times and we ran out of candy in less than two hours.  That was fine with me, because I just couldn't handle any more cute babies trick or treating with their moms in matching costumes.

Fast forward to Saturday:  this was an adult party, no kids anywhere so at least there was that.  Nic had gotten us t-shirts for the party which was so cute. 

That's a whole lotta whitefolk.  Can you find mine in there? ;-)

The trolley went back and forth through Uptown and basically it was an open party bus.  I hit it off with several of the girls and there was a moment where one of the girls was carrying on about how great it was getting out of the house because she had a seven-month-old baby.  Her friend chimed in about how cute her baby was, blah blah blah.  I couldn't really hear them because I was suddenly verrry interested in what was in the bottom of my glass.  Turns out there actually was a bottom underneath all that vodka-pink lemonade!  I didn't like that and immediately refilled my cup so I wouldn't have to see it again.  The pesky thing kept showing up all night though and I just kept refilling my cup!

Anyway, I was able to sidestep that moment and it all turned out okay.  We had a great time, only a couple of people on the trolley knew about the Event and it was kind of nice to pretend I was carefree and normal. 


My hair looks kind of stringy here because I left the house with wet hair.  As the night wore on, my hair ended up looking FABULOUS!!  I'm loving my new conditioner!


Nic and David.  They live a block up the street from us and are the sweetest guys you'll ever meet!

After the trolley ride, we all went to a bar around the corner from our house (thank God we didn't have far to drive!) and finished up the party.  Given that we got started at 4pm, leaving around 9pm was a strong showing for us.  At least that's what I told myself as I passed out Saturday night at 9:30. 

I'm not old, I'm not old, I'm not old.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

When you leave me a comment, my phone chimes. I run to it from across the house, anxious to read what you've said. I save them in my email and read them multiple times a day, which is why you may not get an immediate response but I promise I eventually respond to every comment that has an email address.

You make me smile - I just thought you should know.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin