Friday, November 20, 2009

I will not be defeated!

I'm not giving up on my hair - or what's left of it after the hairball from Hell.  I went back to Teri's site and reviewed all of her recommended combing conditioners with the hopes that by getting one of them I would forever avoid such massive shedding.  But first, a somewhat better picture of what I'm working with.  I just went through all the pictures on my computer and I don't have one current picture of my hair!  I'm fixing that this weekend.


Even this one was from last summer.

On my lunch break I went to the CVS in my building.  There's practically a city down there!  Plus, they have all kinds of vendors come through selling all kinds of random stuff.  Today they were set up selling sheet sets.  Whatevs.

The stars were aligned for me today because four of the five recommended combing conditioners were on sale!  $2.88 each!  AND I got paid today!  Hollaaaa!


I took this picture at my desk.  I have nothing to do during the day.

I also picked up some 99 cent shampoo and conditioner for washing and rinsing, which is much different from combing, which you leave in.  This curly hair business is no joke!  However, the shampoo is not recommended so I have to find a different shampoo - although I feel okay about a 99 cent mistake.  Maybe I can use it as body wash; chemically I don't think they're that different.

I'm going to wash my hair again tomorrow and use a different comb and see how that works.  I was seriously spooked by that giant hairball!

In other totally awesome news, I can fit in my ass jeans!  I haven't been able to wear these jeans for well over a year now and they've just hung in my closet, mocking me.  Back in the day I loved wearing them because they made my booty look a-ma-zing!  Alas, Drew's gourmet cooking banished them to the back of the closet.  All the grief and stress and the non-eating from the grief and stress has brought them back out of hiding and I could get them on this morning!  Yes, they are a smidge tight - okay, they have left indentations on my legs and I'm trying not to bend my legs too much for fear that the knees will split open, but they're ON dammit!  I'm counting it!

I'm sure that once my eating returns to normal, whatever that is, I will have to once again banish them to the back of the closet but today, TODAY, I'm wearing my ass jeans!  I tried to take a picture in the bathroom at the office but I couldn't get a good angle and I was nervous that someone would walk in and wonder why I was taking a picture of my ass. 

But I know you've all had that feeling - putting on those jeans that you'd resigned yourself to never wearing again.  It's pretty awesome and I don't care that grief weight is the only reason why I can wear them.  I'm taking the sunshine moments wherever I can get them because they're still a little scarce these days.

ALSO!!!  We're totally going to see New Moon tonight!  I bought the tickets yesterday and I can't wait!  The theater we're going to has been showing it every hour since 10am - isn't that crazy!  Yesterday a bunch of the evening showtimes had already sold out so I'm really glad we were able to get tickets for a decent hour.  I'm actually kind of bummed that I don't have a New Moon t-shirt to wear tonight.  If I did, it would look like this:


Even though he's assed-out at the end, I still have a soft spot for Jacob. I tell Drew he's my werewolf because he's got a hairy chest and I like to snuggle against his always-warm body. *gagchokevomit* Sorry bout that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

When you leave me a comment, my phone chimes. I run to it from across the house, anxious to read what you've said. I save them in my email and read them multiple times a day, which is why you may not get an immediate response but I promise I eventually respond to every comment that has an email address.

You make me smile - I just thought you should know.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin