Friday, November 13, 2009

I'm so weak

One of the sites I regularly check is Young House Love.  And when I say regularly, I'm actually saying I go there no fewer than three times a day to see if they've put up new posts and roughly three more times after that to sift through their archives.  I don't have a problem - I'm researching

Anyway, their giving thanks post is what drove me to break my no-online shopping rule and order something - online.  I love love love words - duh, I love to read and I write a blog.  But even in a decorating sense, I really love words.  Vintage posters are my favorite kind of art, especially ones in other languages.


The one on the left is a super popular poster that I'm sure lots of people have seen; the one on the right is one I grabbed off google for illustration.  Our coasters that we got in France are vintage replicas and I love them.

I wanted to paint words all over one of my walls in my old apartment (in French and it wouldn't even be ironic because I actually SPEAK French) but I chickened out.  I didn't have faith in the erasive (it's not a word but it works) power of paint. 

I knew I wanted words somewhere in our house but I didn't know what or where.  Seeing YHL's post, then going to wallquotes.com and being in my buying frenzy was what you might call a perfect storm.

I looked through all their wall quotes, even looking at the ones in different languages.  I originally thought about something for the kitchen, but then I saw it.  It stopped me, took me over and before I knew it I had placed my online order and paid for the shipping.  That decorating/mothering energy is powerful, y'all!

Drew got back in town last night and my box was there!  I had called them a couple of times (okay, four) because I wanted to know where it was - I have online shopping trust issues.  But it arrived intact and I immediately enlisted Drew's help in hanging it.  He's so sweet - although once it was up he said our bedroom looks like a sorority house now.  Apparently, me and the Delta Delta Deltas have awesome taste.  HA!

What do you think?

I love it so much and it means so much to me given where we are in our relationship.  I know it's just a sticker on a wall but the words really matter and I love its simplicity.  I told Drew that the next time he's being dumb with me I'm not going to say anything and I'm just going to point at the wall. 

"What about when you're being dumb?"
*rolls eyes* "Baby, I'm perfect." :-p

No comments:

Post a Comment

When you leave me a comment, my phone chimes. I run to it from across the house, anxious to read what you've said. I save them in my email and read them multiple times a day, which is why you may not get an immediate response but I promise I eventually respond to every comment that has an email address.

You make me smile - I just thought you should know.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin