Thursday, February 4, 2010

My mirror (almost) two weeks later

I finally put the finishing touches on my mirror!  Yay me - I finished a project in less than a month!  For real, that is a record y'all!  Not that I wasn't without challenges, but all that matters is that it's done!  What do you think?
 
 A before to refresh your memory

 
In it's new home in the breakfast nook 
We decided to hang it horizontally to go with the stripes in the breakfast nook and we hung it a little higher than chair height so people wouldn't feel weird either looking into a mirror or seeing a reflection out of the corner of your eye.  I wasn't sure about it since it's so big and the breakfast nook is well, a nook, but I'm very happy with the end result.  The silver accent complements the round sparklies of our Paris frames and that makes me oh so happy.
 

I'd say that room is pretty much done - I'd love to get a rug for the floor but Maya is still not doing well with rugs.  The biscuit and starch had to be retired to the garage because the very plushness and scruch-your-toes-ness of the rug apparently meant 'pee on me' to the dog.  We tried our hardest to clean it but as soon as we brought it back inside, she peed on it again.  Presently the only rug in the house is in the sitting room, which of course was the cheaper of the two.  

Amazingly, I don't have any other projects on my list - once something is decorated I usually leave it.  I'm not one of those who has to change up the decor every few months.  I actually get pretty attached and it's usually Drew who comes in and switches things out - he organizes when he's got nothing else to do.  And yes, I count my blessings that I have a husband who cooks and is neat.  

I remind myself of those things when he farts and thinks it's funny.  It's not.  It never is. 

Oh wait - I don't want to end my post talking about farts.  

....

Isn't my mirror pretty?  
Sorry, that's the best I've got because now I'M thinking about farts and how he pisses me off when he does that.  My husband cooks and he's neat.  My husband cooks and he's neat.  My husband cooks and he's neat.

woo-saaaa 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

When you leave me a comment, my phone chimes. I run to it from across the house, anxious to read what you've said. I save them in my email and read them multiple times a day, which is why you may not get an immediate response but I promise I eventually respond to every comment that has an email address.

You make me smile - I just thought you should know.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin