Wednesday, February 3, 2010

You're hired!

I just realized I forgot to update y'all on Drew's job status - I know you've waiting on the edge of your seat.  Okay, on the back of your seat?  At least sitting down?  Something?  

Just teasing, I know you have lives!  At any rate, Drew accepted the position with his company that's in San Jose.  He started his new role today and is going out to San Jose next week to meet the team.  This past weekend we spent a pretty penny at the Men's Wearhouse getting him some new suits.  Then we went to my favorite store in the mall - Aldo, of course - and got him some new shoes.  We started at Johnston and Murphy but they were just too old-man for my tastes.  I wanted him to have something sexy and stylish without spending a kabillion dollars and Aldo fits the bill nicely.

I'm a firm believer in first impressions and I always look at a man's shoes.  If they're raggedy, that's grounds for dismissal.  And I don't want anyone looking at my husband going, "Damn, doesn't he have a wife at home?  How in the HELL did she let him out of the house looking like that?"  Nope, he's got to look SHARP for his new job!  They have to get tailored so after spending all that money, all we walked out of the store with was a receipt.  Talk about a let-down.  Retail therapy is no fun that way.

As for the move we're not discussing anything until July.  The upside of that is there is no longer this huge rush to sell the house, pack everything and move in three months.  The downside is that Drew is going to have to travel a lot more than he was before and he was already traveling quite a bit.  Booo!!  I'm not a fan of the travel - I get reallly cranky if I don't get to see him for long stretches of time.  I mean, the dog is great and all but I much prefer my husband, you know?

And then there's me working.  If my calculations are correct, my unemployment will last me about five months.  Hold on, I have to do some math........um.......okay, that's May.  I think.  And I totally took my hands off the keyboard to count on my fingers.  Yeah, I said it!  If we discuss moving in July and it turns out that we don't have to move until sometime later in the year, say September or something, that leaves me............May till September............four months of no unemployment benefits and too little time to work at a real job.  And that's saying we move in September - I just pulled that out of the air, so it's really up in the air for me as far as my job situation goes.  

I talked to my old 'boss' at the yoga studio tonight and asked about getting back on the sub list and there's a yoga studio opening in my neighborhood so I might start teaching again to get some extra money when unemployment runs out.  *big shrug*  I don't know what's going to happen!

Stay tuned y'all!



 

2 comments:

When you leave me a comment, my phone chimes. I run to it from across the house, anxious to read what you've said. I save them in my email and read them multiple times a day, which is why you may not get an immediate response but I promise I eventually respond to every comment that has an email address.

You make me smile - I just thought you should know.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin