Monday, February 1, 2010

That's my spot

When we first got the dog, I was adamant about her knowing her place.  There would be no eating from the table, getting on the furniture would be kept to a minimum and there was no way IN HELL that dog would EVER sleep on our bed.

New Year's Eve we left the dog out to mingle with our guests and got suuper drunk, so we didn't notice till the next afternoon that the dog had made herself comfortable at the foot of the bed.  Our bed is super high but the bench I bought has turned out to be a nice stepstool for her.  Since NO ONE got out of bed till three in the afternoon New Year's Day, she got it in her head that the bed is her new spot.

Add to that Drew's several out of town trips and the dog is pretty much posted up for good.  You try shoving 85 pounds of stubborn-ness - good luck.  I have to fight her to stretch out - in my own bed!  Where she collapses is where she's gon' be!  I have to admit I don't mind it when Drew is out of town and she lays on my feet but it does get ridiculous when he comes home and she tries to lay between us and refuses to move.  I'm telling myself that it's training for when we have kids.

 
 
That's MY spot, punk!
 

3 comments:

  1. Awwwwwww (don't kill me)

    BTW, your bed looks super-cozy, love that blanket!

    Gem

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh em gee, she is just like a child!!!!

    And I have to agree- the bed looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwwwww (don't kill me)

    BTW, your bed looks super-cozy, love that blanket!

    Gem

    ReplyDelete

When you leave me a comment, my phone chimes. I run to it from across the house, anxious to read what you've said. I save them in my email and read them multiple times a day, which is why you may not get an immediate response but I promise I eventually respond to every comment that has an email address.

You make me smile - I just thought you should know.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin