Wednesday, May 1, 2013

There is too much, let me sum up

You know how sometimes you get busy living life and you don't really stop to blog about it?  Yeah?  Me too.  But I'm still here, still breathing and before too much more time passes, let's catch up.
Praise the baby Jesus, spring has finally come to Berks County.  Everywhere you look, everything is blooming and it's about damn time.  We spend as much time as possible outdoors and it's wonderful.  

Sofia is learning how to say 'cheese' when she sees my phone pointed in her direction.  She's also too grown for the baby swings.  In most instances, I would be all 'waaahhh my baby's growing up', but I was too proud of her to be sad.  She is turning into a little person and I'm just so thrilled I get to have a front seat to her awesomeness.

Plus, she still needs me to go down the slide with her so she's not growing up that fast.


Sofia, Gracie and Carter are total buds.  It's a rare and awesome thing to make mom friends *and* to have your kids be friends too - we're lucky chicks like that.

One day, I was feeling particularly put together.  Sofia slept for a decent amount of time the night before so I was able to do my hair.  The next morning I was feeling so good, I even put on some makeup!  I was so smug and feeling good about life that I didn't even notice Sofia had swiped my BB cream.

"Mommy, I put the lotion!"  
And with that, I realized that I will never, ever be one of those moms 
who has it together and I should just quit now.
Sofia is getting into accessorizing, and she's loving hats right now.
She's getting to the point where we can't leave the house unless
she has her hat or sunglasses.
My brother got her some Chucks for her birthday and I was like 'let's take some pictures!'
She grabbed her hat and ran outside and if you know anything about toddlers, you know you can't make them do anything.  
That's why it was fifty times cooler that she started posing all by herself.

That same day, Sofia and I took a road trip up north and met up with Chandeen.  
It was so much fun to meet a blog friend and we had a great time!
We hung out at a playground so Sofia could run around and that kid got so incredibly filthy, and she loved every second of it.  I was bummed about her shoes, but I soaked those bad boys in Oxyclean and washed them and they're as good as new!  
However, her leggings are a permanent shade of gray.  
After we hung out with Chandeen, we went to my friend's house in New Jersey and ended up spending the night.  I got some much-needed girl time and it was so much fun to see the girls playing together.
It wasn't a planned sleepover, but those are the best kind.  It reminded me of when I was young and single and would crash at someone's house because the night before was that awesome and epic.  Of course, this time we were buzzed after a glass and a half of wine and we were in bed by 11, but I'm counting it.  
Plus, it was awesome to see Sofia interact with Izabella.  It gave me a glimpse of how she might be as a big sister and I think she'll be amazing.

So that's what's been going on in our world.  It's not super exciting or glamorous, but I definitely don't take these times for granted.  It's good when life is normal and regular every now and then.

How are things with y'all?  Did I miss anything while I was gone? 

Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. Yea she is back missed you glad things are going well and you are living your kind of life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I love this post so much! My favorite part by far is the "I put the lotion!"... her face is PRICELESS! HAHA

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad you've been having fun! that oxyclean is the TRUTH! i've been using it faithfully and it gets out ALL the stains. thanks for the tip! i think i'm going to try babyganics, though, when i run out of this bottle in case it works as well. if not, i'm back to the oxyclean.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww sweet pics girl! Perfection is boring and we wouldn't read about you if you were perfect... or maybe we would and just glare at your pics and hate you. lol.

    Her in your BB cream is absolutely hilarious.

    I kept my niece for the first time last week for a few hours (don't judge me, I couldn't handle two kids until now!) and it allowed me to see how much fun two kids have together. Did you think the same way? Plus it kept Zoe out of my hair. It was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl please! I still can't do two kids! I think that's why I haven't gotten pregnant yet. :-) But seeing her hang out with my friend's daughter and how she is with her other friends tells me that she'll be great with another baby - at least that's what I'm telling myself. :-)

      Delete
  5. Sofia looks like shes melting with that make-up on lol.

    Those chucks are super cute. i love them. That pose is everything. People always ask how i get jas to pose, I tell them it has nothing to do with me, its just natual.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh she looked completely creepy with my cream on her face! It was like all her features had disappeared!

      Delete
  6. Did you reference The Princess Bride with the title of this post? I didn't catch it the first time I read this post, but now I think you did!

    I hope things are going well for you. I'm anxious to know how things are going fertility wise for you. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you! I think this cycle will be my first full cycle since my last miscarriage, so we're giving it a go again. I'd love to go through a pregnancy with you, even if it is virtually. :)

    ReplyDelete

When you leave me a comment, my phone chimes. I run to it from across the house, anxious to read what you've said. I save them in my email and read them multiple times a day, which is why you may not get an immediate response but I promise I eventually respond to every comment that has an email address.

You make me smile - I just thought you should know.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin