Monday, February 16, 2009

Movin on up

We move this Friday. Well, we hope to move this Friday - if all goes as planned, Drew will close Friday morning, get the keys and he and the boys will get everything moved before I get off work Friday evening. I know he wants to save money and to get movers to pack, move, unpack, and take away the boxes was going to be extremely expensive. So they got the bright idea to do it themselves - do all men harbor the fantasy that they're still 21? I told him over and over again to suck it up and pay the movers but noooooo, the boys will be able to get it over with, three hours tops. *shaking my head*

I pray he's right - I just told them I want no scratches on the walls or floors and I will be looking for them and if I find them they will get repaired that day. We officially start packing tonight and I have to say I'm apprehensive.

I've never done this before - I lived with guy when I was 23 (almost 10 years ago!!!!) and swore I would never do it again. Never say never right? Anyway, that time I moved my things to my apartment and he moved in with me, which is hugely different from two people making that concious decision to move together. Already I notice the differences.

Drew has not packed one thing yet, believing that packing will take three hours tops (I'm noticing a pattern here). Me, I would have started packing at least a month ago, beginning to throw things out and packing one box a night. I'm trying to breathe and compromise and not freak out. It was hard enough moving out of my apartment and I know this won't be much easier. Moving is just stressful any way you slice it. At least I purged all my stuff in August so there won't be as much junk to haul to the new place. Maybe I'll be proven wrong, maybe it will only take three hours tops.

Yeah right.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I can't wait to hear how this goes. :) I feel good blog material coming on....

    I hate packing, so I feel for you, but I'm excited for your new beginning. Try to savor it!

    ReplyDelete

When you leave me a comment, my phone chimes. I run to it from across the house, anxious to read what you've said. I save them in my email and read them multiple times a day, which is why you may not get an immediate response but I promise I eventually respond to every comment that has an email address.

You make me smile - I just thought you should know.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin