Friday, February 27, 2009

Stiff Upper Lip

It is 2:30 in Dallas and there is no word from the mortgage/bank/house people regarding a close date. It is safe to say that we won't hear anything today and now we look to next week for a possible answer. The building manager is graciously allowing us to stay in the apartment until midnight Monday but after that we have to be gone. My birthday is Monday.

I'm trying to hard to be grown-up and understanding and calm about this when all I really want to do is throw a grown-up tantrum. I have no idea what is taking so long at the bank or the mortgage company and of course our mortgage guy is out of the office from Friday till Tuesday. Naturally.

At this point, Drew or I would gladly grab whoever necessary by the collar and make them look over and approve whatever paperwork is holding us up, if we only knew who they were and where they are. I so desperately want someone to blame, someone I can shake and demand an apology. I'm so desperately trying not to make that person Drew - and unfortunately I'm not succeeding as well as I would like. I know he feels guilty that this isn't going the way he thought it would especially since I was so vocal in the beginning about not even wanting a house. I've definitely laid off that kind of talk but I'm growing increasingly frustrated with this whole situation and I'm nervous as to what will happen after midnight on Monday. Milton has graciously offered us his garage to put our things and his apartment so we won't have to get a hotel but I'm not comfortable with that. He only recently started dating his girlfriend and now he'll need to stay with her while we're in his apartment for an indeterminate amount of time. So we're inconveniencing her as well as him and I don't feel right about that. I know he offered and it was his idea but I just hate the idea of staying there without knowing exactly when we'll be able to leave. The way this is dragging on, who knows when we'll get to move.

I've been looking at the home buying process on the internet and apparently until you've signed loan paperwork you can still get denied. I don't want to think about that possibility.

So while I won't celebrate my birthday in the new house, I will be in a new place of sorts. :-)

Trying to keep a stiff upper lip...Pray for me y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

When you leave me a comment, my phone chimes. I run to it from across the house, anxious to read what you've said. I save them in my email and read them multiple times a day, which is why you may not get an immediate response but I promise I eventually respond to every comment that has an email address.

You make me smile - I just thought you should know.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin