Friday, February 13, 2009

Oh happy day!

What a difference a day makes! I'm so glad it's payday, and guess what? I paid off TWO bills today! For the two or three people out there that are keeping up with me, my financial goal for 2009 is to pay off most if not all of my revolving debt. That is a major change for me, as I am a proud member of the buy-now, pay-later club (I have multiple cards to prove it!). So this is really major...

I finally paid off my Victoria's Secret and my Invisalign! And let me tell you, paying off VS and making the commitment not to use it anymore was not easy! They send at least two catalogs a week and the temptation was so great I finally reduced what they send. Now it's down to two a month and it's out of sight, out of mind. Furthermore, I'm excercising my frugal muscle and I got a VS coat from Ebay that I'd had my eye on in the catalog. It was a fraction of the catalog price and it arrived yesterday in perfect condition! I was very pleased and I will return to Ebay and I'm even going to start selling some of my items. I have good stuff that *sniff* will probably never fit me again so I might as well see if I can't get some pocket change from them.

As far as the house, we move next weekend! Drew and the boys will get everything done on Friday and Saturday and then he goes out of town for five days on Sunday. I'm actually really pleased about this because that means I get to set up the whole house myself and put things where I want them to go. I'm excited about that part! In the beginning, I wasn't excited about the house because I had had a set plan in my mind of how I wanted things to go and I always thought that I would be a newlywed when I moved into my/our first home. I really wrestled with those feelings of disappointment and sadness and it manifested itself in negative ways. Namely, Drew thought I wasn't excited about the house and that was a real downer for him because he's super excited about it.

But it was never the house, it was what it represented. I felt like we were putting the cart before the horse. I'm no prude, I mean I already live with him but I drew a mental line at a house. Houses are for husbands and wives, for families and we weren't a family yet (per se), therefore I didn't want a house.

However, (snaps for Drew) we talked it out last night and he really listened and heard me and it was totally resolved to my satisfaction. I felt like my feelings and apprehensions were taken into consideration, he addressed them and the conversation ended on a happy note! Good job baby!

So now, I feel much better about the house and the move and pictures will be coming soon. It's a really great house too, it has everything we both want and I really look forward to having our housewarming party!

No comments:

Post a Comment

When you leave me a comment, my phone chimes. I run to it from across the house, anxious to read what you've said. I save them in my email and read them multiple times a day, which is why you may not get an immediate response but I promise I eventually respond to every comment that has an email address.

You make me smile - I just thought you should know.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin