Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Growing up and out


Drew's party on Saturday was a success! I have never done something like this before - in the past I would take my boyfriend out to dinner and have done with it. He got a small gift if he was lucky. However, this time I wanted to do something more for Drew. Since his birthday is New Year's Eve, I feel like he gets shafted out of a day of celebration just for him and I wanted him to have that. It went so well I think we're going to do this every January 31st.

I felt like such a grown-up, making the reservation and sending the evite. I know that doesn't seem like much but it's really major for me. We ended up with about seven couples and we went to a great Italian restaurant and had a wonderful time!


Betsy and me - she's the greatest!

Again, I took lots of pictures but I won't bore you. Sunday, we went to Betsy's for the Superbowl. I like going over there because she has two boys and they have a Wii! Seriously, those things are addictive.

I was rockin out with Guitar Hero

However, I am disappointed - there are some pictures which of course will not be posted here where you can definitely tell that I'm carrying extra weight. I am officially not happy. My problem is portion control - I don't choose to control my portions. If it's good I eat it, usually past the full point. I don't gorge myself, but if it's on the plate, it's going in the belly! It's already February and I've done nothing to get on the weight-loss train. I have to do something - I'm verrry displeased. I don't wake up thin anymore and that is very not ok.
So seriously, for real I'm going to make a concious effort to control my portions and I simply have to start exercising - there's a gym in the building for pete's sake! And not the two treadmills in a tiny room type gym - a full-out gym gym! With trainers and everything. Not that I need a trainer - I know what I need to do to get in shape. It's just so weird that in March of last year I was teaching an average of nine yoga classes a week and had zero weight problems. What a difference time makes, right?
Okay, tonight - the elliptical for 40 minutes! I can't do more than that because I get bored out of my mind. I'd rather do a yoga class but this will do for now. I have to jump start it. And maybe I'll post that out of shape (I won't say fat) picture as my 'before' - but only when I have an 'after'. I want to be where I was last March! Stay tuned!

1 comment:

When you leave me a comment, my phone chimes. I run to it from across the house, anxious to read what you've said. I save them in my email and read them multiple times a day, which is why you may not get an immediate response but I promise I eventually respond to every comment that has an email address.

You make me smile - I just thought you should know.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin