Friday, February 20, 2009

Snags

Aw man! Because of some paperwork nonsense, the closing is held up until Tuesday or Wednesday. Drew just called and he sounded so dejected. My heart just goes out to him, he was practically jumping out of his skin with excitement this morning. He even wore a special moving outfit - don't ask. As he is supposed to leave for Vegas on Sunday and not return till Thursday I'm not sure what that will mean for his trip and our move. He has to be present for the closing and it will take two to three hours from what I understand.

Oh, I feel so bad for him - I wish it were time to go already so I can go home to hug him. He really wanted everything to go smoothly and I know he's disappointed about this. Poor kid.

Of course, the house is completely packed which is going to pose an inconvenience as we now need to unpack the essesntials for the next week or so. What a drag. But in the grand scheme of things at least we have a place to live till the end of the month and it just looks like we'll move next weekend instead of this one. I can live with that. I'm just thankful that we won't have to find a place for the boxes and stay in a hotel - that would have been a nightmare. No, this is just a minor setback and we'll be okay. Still, poor Drew's voice was so sad, like someone had taken away his favorite toy. This is his first house too and he has been excited about it from day one. I'm sad for him that this experience wasn't flawless. But, that's the way it goes sometimes.

Well, here's to living out of boxes and sleeping on the floor for the next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

When you leave me a comment, my phone chimes. I run to it from across the house, anxious to read what you've said. I save them in my email and read them multiple times a day, which is why you may not get an immediate response but I promise I eventually respond to every comment that has an email address.

You make me smile - I just thought you should know.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin