Thursday, January 20, 2011

F you, big-ass wall. F you all day.

Thank the baby Jesus, my recovery continues.  My body no longer hurts and I'm mouth-breathing less and my appetite is coming back.  My sinuses are still a bit full so I'm still nasal-y but I'm on the road to recovery dammit.  I'm sick of being sick.


With this renewed bit of energy I am turning back to the nursery.  It has sat untouched since the paint debacle while I've tried to figure out what to do next.  I did go to Sherwin Williams and those paint chips have joined the others on the wall.


I thought I'd found a pretty close color but I was right - what is currently on the wall is a custom color.
Third from the top - Sherwin Williams Krypton
To my eyes, Krypton looks just like the bedroom walls.
Alas, it's just a pinch lighter.  The Krypton, that is.
But we're going with it because I'm over it and need to get on with my life.

I bought a paint tester from Sherwin Williams which, at $5, didn't break the bank but it's a quart!  I really only wanted a fingertip's worth of paint to smear on the wall to see if it was a match, which of course it wasn't.  Unfortunately, my only recourse is to cut a hole in the wall and bring it to Sherwin Williams where they can analyze the color and match it for me.  Granted, the hole doesn't have to be big but I'm not a fan of wrangling a drywall saw because my stupid ass would most definitely cut into something electrical and short the whole house, or the saw would get away from me and end up cutting a giant hole in the wall or worse, a giant hole in me!  Not cool for the pregnant chick.

So F you, wall.  Now I have to paint the room.  And I can't even do it myself anymore because I'm seven months tomorrow (eep!) and there will be no getting up on ladders for me.  I wish I only had to do the one wall, then it could be a cool accent wall.  But noooo!  I had to be all gung-ho Patchy Sue and patch all the nail holes in the wall and paint over the patches!
There are splotches like this on all four walls.  F.

I have several painters coming out on Saturday to give me estimates and I'm hoping it won't be too much since it's one modest sized bedroom and it's a pretty straightforward job.  Plus, they can paint our new back door.
This one was rotting so we got a new one with big giant window that 
brings so much more light to kitchen and laundry room.  
Now the new door and trim have to be repainted.

More importantly, I can get on with the nursery decorating.  I've decided on curtains and wall art and a duvet cover for the bed but I've held off buying them because until the walls are ready, stuff will have to just sit in the corner and I'd rather buy something and hang it straight away than let it clutter up the house.  Plus, I have to do something with the closet - right now it has all of our winter coats and we're planning to get a rolling rack with a cover so they can be stored in the garage.  My little girl already has a ton of clothes!  My cousin has two little girls, 3 years and 8 months and she's given me a huge box of their clothes and my co-worker Jana has a one-year old daughter and she's given me two huge bags of clothes so my kid's already getting the hook-up!  I haven't sorted through things yet, but wouldn't it be so great if I didn't have to buy my daughter any clothes!  I didn't register for any baby clothes because all the websites say that's a rookie mistake and I totally believe them now!  If we're lucky we may only have to get a couple things!

But anyway, back to that stupid wall.  The whole room is getting painted, probably with a no-VOC match to the Krypton and while I'm not pleased, it is what it is.

Stupid wall.  Stupid bedroom with your stupid custom color.  F you.

6 comments:

  1. Well, I am 35+ weeks and I just primed our bathroom yesterday (and there are 2 more coats of paint to go) so you technically could paint it yourself.... Of course if you want to use the pregnancy excuse, by all means go for it!

    One other idea--do you have any way of contacting the former owners and asking them what color it is?

    I've hardly ever bought any clothes for my kids because of hand-me-downs. A few things second-hand at garage sales or thrift shops and probably 4-5 items total that were new. I love hand-me-downs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That fricking wall!! UGH!! Hire a darn painter so you can move onto the quote!! LOL

    I have to be honest and say I loved this post though, even if I'm mad at the wall. You're mad writing is so darn funny.

    YAY for not having to buy baby clothes... even if they are adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You changed your blog header! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finally right? I was so bored looking at the old one but I just never could get off my butt and make a new one - until yesterday! It's all the places Drew and I have been, although I had to take a bit of artistic license because I didn't take pictures of the some of the landmarks.

    The one of us kissing was when we went to a wedding in Toronto, and the plain street looking one was from Philly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the new header and f the wall!! Good call, get painters in...and get it over with.

    Great call also on not getting up on the ladder...better to be safe than sorry. At the end of the day it's just paint.

    Glad you are starting to feel better:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You changed your blog header! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

When you leave me a comment, my phone chimes. I run to it from across the house, anxious to read what you've said. I save them in my email and read them multiple times a day, which is why you may not get an immediate response but I promise I eventually respond to every comment that has an email address.

You make me smile - I just thought you should know.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin