Friday, January 7, 2011

My husband makes me laugh

I woke up this morning alone, hearing helicopters overhead.  Lots of them.  I thought they were in my dreams and I was a little disoriented upon waking and realizing they were real.  My first thought was someone broke out of jail - it's a few miles from our house.  Drew had taken Maya for a walk and I kind of started to worry.  If there was a bad guy on the loose, I'd really prefer my husband and dog to be home behind locked doors.


Thankfully, they came home a few minutes later and he told me I'd probably need to take a few extra minutes to get to work this morning, since there were helicopters everywhere.  


I may or may not have mentioned it, but I'm slightly obsessed with spies/trained assassins.  I don't know where it came from but a good spy movie or TV show and I'm hooked.  Hence my daughter's fetus name and the occupation I wish I could have.  So naturally, when we found out a tanker exploded on the freeway just around the corner from our house, my first thought was *gasp! Spies!*
I did a Google image search for the accident and instead
found a disturbing number of images for tankers that have exploded in Dallas.
Seriously, there were a bunch!  Tankers just be explodin' y'all!
I'm such a dork.

Anyway, I drove to work over a bridge with a birds-eye view of the freeway where the tanker hit.  It was pretty bad - there was a YOUGE black spot where it hit and I'm so glad no one died.  I called Drew.

Me:  You know that bridge right over the freeway?  You can totally see where the tanker blew up!
Drew:  Wow, that's crazy.
Me:  I bet it was spies.  *gasp!*  What if it was Michael Westen and he thwarted some mastermind's evil plan!  And he had to blow up the tanker to save the city!  BABE!
Drew:  Could be.  But I bet it was Agent S.
Me:  Oh yeah right.  I would have known if she left.
Drew:  Maybe not.  She is a baby spy, she's sneaky.  It happened at one in the morning and you were sleeping pretty soundly.
Me:  I was!!  What if our baby single-handedly foiled some evil plan and saved us and saved the city!!  And then came back before I even woke up!
Drew:  It's entirely possible.  In fact, it's highly likely.

I hung up with him thinking that we have the coolest baby ever.

My fetus saved the city - it's entirely possible.  

11 comments:

  1. What's going on Desiree? Your posts have been so boring lately, like you're hiding something. You used to really have something interesting to say, but now your posts feel forced. Just sayin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, have I lost my mojo? Let's see what else I have in my little ol brain...

    We all have off days, stand by...

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, you're a goof.

    @Anonymous - Sheesh. If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all. Also, if you insist on doing it anyway, at least have the balls to put your name with it. Ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I am all into spy stuff too. My movie/show of choice is always going to be spy related. It drives Ben nuts. But at least when he says "all you like is chick flicks", I can adamantly and truthfully say it ain't so. Anyway, awesome convo with Drew. I would add that it's not only highly like, but highly probable that Agent S totally saved the city.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too cute! Drew is going to be such a fun dad. I have a feeling he and Agent S are going to have a blast feeding off of your fun imagination!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can I just say, EASIEST birth in the future for you. lol If she can get out AND back in without you knowing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! Go Agent S! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. jewelsfrance@yahoo.comJanuary 9, 2011 at 3:05 PM

    Personally I really liked the post you guys are really funny. I'm a huge fan of spy movies and shows Michael Westin is one of my favs. And I got a good laugh out of your conversation with Drew, go Agent S :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I choked at 'Tankers just be explodin' hahahahaaaaaaa

    Look, Agent S got thangs to do, she doesn't have the kind of time to be worried about whatever it is fetuses (fetii?) worry about. She probably used a stunt fetus while she did whatever she did with the tankers.

    Anonymous: Curious to know what posts you found 'interesting'. You're probably like those Mary J Blige fans who stopped listening after she became Happy Mary. You could have e-mailed Desiree if you were really concerned about her posts and life, so this drive-by mean anonymous comment is pure bitchery. Don't get your face fought up in here homie!

    Gem

    ReplyDelete
  10. "You're probably like those Mary J Blige fans who stopped listening after she became Happy Mary."

    hahahahahaha!! too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Too cute! Drew is going to be such a fun dad. I have a feeling he and Agent S are going to have a blast feeding off of your fun imagination!

    ReplyDelete

When you leave me a comment, my phone chimes. I run to it from across the house, anxious to read what you've said. I save them in my email and read them multiple times a day, which is why you may not get an immediate response but I promise I eventually respond to every comment that has an email address.

You make me smile - I just thought you should know.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin