Monday, March 2, 2009

33

Funny, I don't feel older...

Friday, I was feeling sorry for myself because we still don't have the house and it's been consuming our thoughts and free time. Unfortunately, we haven't dealt all that well with the stress and Drew and I have been bickering. So I was chatting with him on gmail Friday when he asked me if I could take some days off in April. I asked why and he said it was a suprise. I figured we were going to New York to see his parents - he's been fussing with me for a while about going up there. I want to go, but it's an ordeal to get there. His town is so small that you have to fly to Montreal and drive three hours south to get there which usually takes about 24 hours. I had also said I'l like to take a long weekend to San Antonio and go on the Riverwalk - I'd heard it was a romantic spot. That's all I was thinking! He suggested that we go to dinner that night, since tonight we'll be moving our things out of the apartment. I said that was fine, even though that's not how I wanted to spend my birthday.

I walked home from work, figuring this birthday would just be a wash and we'll just try again next year. I walked in the door and he's at the computer. I say 'hi' all pitiful-like and he gets up from the computer to come over to me.

Him: Did you look at the link I sent you for the restaurant?
Me: Sort of. It looked fancy and expensive.
Him: Well, it's a French restaurant.
Me: Ok.
Him: Well, I thought it could be a theme for your birthday.
Me: What?
Him: (handing me a piece of paper) Happy Birthday baby!


This man got us a TRIP TO PARIS!!!!! I was freaking out!! It has been the dream of my life to go to Paris - I got a degree in it and everything! But because I went to school at 28 I couldn't afford to study abroad in the summer because I had to work. I had sort of resigned myself to never going or maybe going once I retired. I could not believe it! I was all sweating and crying and laughing! He's so awesome!

Then he took me out to the most amazing dinner of my life! It was one of those super fancy restaurants and I was so giddy from our trip that I couldn't stop smiling! We had a six course meal and when I tell you that everything was beyond amazing, that's an understatement. It was a beautiful restaurant with amazing food and I was blown away! I wish I could have taken more pictures but it was not that kind of restaurant!


Saturday, Sean and his girlfriend has us over to their house where they made us dinner - Milton's birthday is Feb. 29th and mine is the 2nd, so it was sort of a co-birthday. We had homemade spaghetti and meatballs and we totally slobbed out - that's why I look like a crazy! I'm mad that Drew didn't say anything to me about my hair, but oh well! My favorite part was our cake - Sean forgot candles so Derek went to his house and brought back some tealights for the cake! I could not stop laughing!

It turned out to be a wonderful birthday and we're going to Paris in April!! I can't believe it! Enjoy the pictures!



Blowing out the tealights



The cake was my favorite part!


Birthday dinner at Sean's



I was asleep by 11 - all the spaghetti and wine knocked me out!


The boys however, kept the party going!

2 comments:

  1. Loved the pictures...Paris?! How lovely! I can't wait til you go; I'm sure you will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! what a birthday present!! I'm so jealous!!

    ReplyDelete

When you leave me a comment, my phone chimes. I run to it from across the house, anxious to read what you've said. I save them in my email and read them multiple times a day, which is why you may not get an immediate response but I promise I eventually respond to every comment that has an email address.

You make me smile - I just thought you should know.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin