Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The honeymoon is over

When I got this job in December, I was beyond grateful and that hasn't changed. Having a steady paycheck is a comfort that I previously didn't know and it has gone really far in helping me to set financial goals for my debt repayment which is a huge burden lifted from my shoulders. In that vein, I paid off another bill this past Friday!! It feels so good to be able to see that progress and it makes me excited to continue.

However...

I am no longer enamored with being a receptionist (probably never was). But I was in a pinch and I needed work so I took it. I sort of feel my brain cells slowly dying each day I have to listen to yet another uneducated, ill-mannered person yelling at me looking 'fo ma money'. I am absolutely not intellectually challenged and I know that I have to make a plan to get out within the year. I will have six months here in June at which time I'll be eligible to transfer to an open position within the company that I qualify for - obviously, I won't be applying for the Director of Accounting or anything like that.

But here's the thing - I want to go into nursing. I started tossing around the idea late last year and unlike most other things I toss around, this idea hasn't fallen by the wayside. It suits me, it would be challenging and I could be good at it. I've been looking into programs here in Dallas and brainstorming ways to finance it - I'm too used to the little money I have, I can't go backwards!

Come June, I will apply for a transfer but I also want to start the ball rolling for nursing. That way, I could get a better paying position in the meantime and perhaps start classes next spring.

On to other things...

Easter was a lot of fun - we went down to the strip where all the lovely Easter bonnets were on display. It was a very good day!


2 comments:

  1. I just was accepted into a nursing program and have been finishing my prerequisits. It has been extremely challenging mostly because I have a toddler at home and I stay home and work and try to raise her at the same time. But...I think I'm really going to enjoy it now that I'm getting into the 'meat' of things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just was accepted into a nursing program and have been finishing my prerequisits. It has been extremely challenging mostly because I have a toddler at home and I stay home and work and try to raise her at the same time. But...I think I'm really going to enjoy it now that I'm getting into the 'meat' of things!

    ReplyDelete

When you leave me a comment, my phone chimes. I run to it from across the house, anxious to read what you've said. I save them in my email and read them multiple times a day, which is why you may not get an immediate response but I promise I eventually respond to every comment that has an email address.

You make me smile - I just thought you should know.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin