Monday, April 6, 2009

Short week

I'm so glad this is a short week! Already the morning has gone by really quickly, I'm hoping the rest of the week will be the same.

We had a really good weekend - we drove out to the breeder Saturday morning to see the puppies. The plan is to get the puppy the weekend we move in to the house - now if we can just make sure that the move-in date won't get pushed back. The puppies were so cute! We couldn't hold them because they were still too young but they were so much fun to watch, crawling all over each other, their little legs still too weak to hold them up.










It was a pretty drive on the way back and it was nice to get out of the city for the day. We even went to the oldest Dr. Pepper bottling plant there in Dublin. We stopped for an authentic Dr. Pepper fountain soda - I had no dairy pills so I couldn't get the ice cream float. Apparently, they use real sugar in the syrup and mix that with the soda right in front of you so you get the truest flavor. It was really cute - it was a full-out diner with the red booths and the bright colors. My camera was acting up so I didn't get any shots but it was a great stop.

That night, we went out with a friend of my mom's who was in town for a conference. We had such a great time and I was really proud to introduce her to Drew and it made my chest all puffed out when she said she liked him. We took her to the new house and had dinner at a wonderful restaurant. Afterwards, we took her to our hang out spot and got her drunk, hee hee!

Sunday was appropriately a do-nothing lazy day. We got up late, made our way to lunch and even laid out by the pool for a little bit. I'm not sure why, but it was more difficult than usual to get out of bed this morning. And while I'm on it...

I have to be kidding myself that I was going to take a 6am yoga class. I need to quit lying to myself that I can make myself a morning person - I'm just not, straight up. I like to sleep and the less I have to do in the morning the better. As for my fitness goals, yeah they're pretty much non-existant at this point. Going to bed late and getting up early is not a winning formula for me. And you know what? I miss my yoga classes - I miss the instructors, I miss the way I feel during a class. I'm getting a little prickly-eyed just thinking about it. I stopped going when we got more serious with our relationship - it was nothing he did, it was all me. I felt like I needed to be there when he was; I needed to be available to him, especially in the evenings. And I wanted that - I love nothing more than cuddling with him on the sofa watching tv or just sitting there, holding hands, not needing to speak.

But I think that we won't suffer if two or three nights out of those five I go to a class and get a little bendy. It makes me feel better and in turn I can be a better person for him and for myself. I have to stop lying to myself - I don't like the gym and no amount of positive self-talk will change that. I don't care that there is a fully equipped nice gym in the building, I don't. like. gyms. I like yoga studios. I prefer the serenity and the quiet strength I gain from a really good class. I love the way I feel afterwards, all sweaty and calm - I feel connected to my body, to those around me, even to the earth in a way that just doesn't happen for me from twenty minutes on the stairclimber.

I've been pushing it down, making do and it's finally come to the surface. I need to get back in the studio, I need to get back to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

When you leave me a comment, my phone chimes. I run to it from across the house, anxious to read what you've said. I save them in my email and read them multiple times a day, which is why you may not get an immediate response but I promise I eventually respond to every comment that has an email address.

You make me smile - I just thought you should know.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin