Friday, April 3, 2009

This is how bored I am

Is it go-home time yet? I'm so ready for the weekend... We had an Easter egg hunt at the office today and I found an egg with a dollar in it! You should have seen everyone in the office, scrambling around looking for eggs. Apparently, there were a couple that had $20 bills in them! It was a really great idea that went over so well and I got a little warm and fuzzy for my company.

It has been really quiet this afternoon and I've spent most of it browsing around hair blogs and websites as usual. There is a cult-like devotion to curly hair out there! It's awe-inspiring to say the least. I returned to my natural state in January and so far have been extremely pleased with the results. I still have a few issues - namely, I washed my hair this morning and here it is 4:30 and there are parts at the back of my head near my scalp that are still wet! And of course that's the part that gets frizzy. Maybe somebody out there can give me some tips, the stuff I'm finding doesn't apply to my hair type.
This is my hair yesterday after I took out the French twist - it's all kinds of crazy!
More crazy hair

Crazy hair from the back So this is what it looks like today - ignore the retardo headset. I can't figure out why the right side is practially straight at the ends.
Good waves, fuzzy in the back


Tonight I'm going to try to style it and put rollers on the ends and see if that does something. I want to get some shea butter - apparently that's the greatest thing in the world for moisture. But you know what?
I don't like tying my hair back in a scarf at night, I don't like putting it in bantu knots or wearing it in buns. I've had long big hair my whole life and I don't like trying to tame it. I had a very visceral reaction to my reflection the night I put all my hair in a scarf. My dark halo was gone and I did not like it, so much so that I took off the scarf and fluffed my hair up for good measure. It didn't matter that I was going to sleep - it's my security blanket and I want it out where I can see it with my peripheral vision at all times. Isn't that crazy? The most I do is a braid because I am a wild sleeper and I'll have a rat's nest in the morning if I don't do something. I want to be able to shake my head and feel my hair against my shoulders. However, I also have misbehaving ends and wearing it out and down all the time is probably the culprit. *sigh*
I was never this preoccupied when I wore my hair straight...

No comments:

Post a Comment

When you leave me a comment, my phone chimes. I run to it from across the house, anxious to read what you've said. I save them in my email and read them multiple times a day, which is why you may not get an immediate response but I promise I eventually respond to every comment that has an email address.

You make me smile - I just thought you should know.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin